• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Is your shop prepared for the upcoming barter system?

Signarama Jockey

No, we've heard the same thing from people on here who were dead serious... Quite a few people. With your beliefs in other threads, it wasn't beyond reach you were one of them.
Well, it is a fact that some day the paradigm that we live in will crumble. Perhaps not like Mad Max, and perhaps not in your lifetime, but a collapse is inevitable. And you would really have to have your head in the sand to not see current national and global events as alarming. I personally do believe that dark times are imminent, so I guess that puts me in the "dead serious" category - so be it.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
I personally do believe that dark times are imminent, so I guess that puts me in the "dead serious" category - so be it.
1715180538899.jpeg

DL Signs

Never go against the family
But, are you a good butcher ?? Or do you hafta barter that, too.
I'd probably need a little assistance breaking down a whole animal at my age. Don't like to share, but who wouldn't help out for a cut of the bacon, or good smoked pork?
Convert a tanker truck into a smoker, a refer for storage, mmmmmm.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
Yep, now ya hafta barter for protection against stealing the stuff.
This is the first thought that comes to mind when the doomsday preppers start talking about their stockpiles of supplies. Sure, you can shoot them but you aren't taking out a mob of desperate starving people that are also likely armed. It's delusional. Plus, that'd be pretty dickish. Even in war torn countries, people band together to help each other, not sure what's up with some people in this country but I couldn't watch people starve while I sat on 10 years worth of food.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Well, it is a fact that some day the paradigm that we live in will crumble. Perhaps not like Mad Max, and perhaps not in your lifetime, but a collapse is inevitable. And you would really have to have your head in the sand to not see current national and global events as alarming. I personally do believe that dark times are imminent, so I guess that puts me in the "dead serious" category - so be it.

My head is in the sand... What are these dark times? I've been though the "uncertain times" ... made it out OK.

VizualVoice

I just learned how to change my title status
Let's not forget an alien invasions. I think that their spaceships run on gold and silver, so that will be the most valuable currency when they get here.
you might be on to something there. I think even NASA uses gold wiring in spacecraft!

Signarama Jockey

This is the first thought that comes to mind when the doomsday preppers start talking about their stockpiles of supplies. Sure, you can shoot them but you aren't taking out a mob of desperate starving people that are also likely armed. It's delusional. Plus, that'd be pretty dickish. Even in war torn countries, people band together to help each other, not sure what's up with some people in this country but I couldn't watch people starve while I sat on 10 years worth of food.
But, if you gave up your stockpile to keep them alive, doesn't that just mean you'll be starving alongside them once they eat through your supplies?

In a situation like that, you have got to prioritize yourself and your family. Sure, banding together is good, but it has got to be a mutually beneficial arrangement. If you band together with people who don't want to work and who offer you no value, then you're being taken advantage of, right?

Patrick Farrell

But, if you gave up your stockpile to keep them alive, doesn't that just mean you'll be starving alongside them once they eat through your supplies?

In a situation like that, you have got to prioritize yourself and your family. Sure, banding together is good, but it has got to be a mutually beneficial arrangement. If you band together with people who don't want to work and who offer you no value, then you're being taken advantage of, right?
Literally the only rule good for any situation.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica

You're comparing someone's life to a shitty worker. Sounds you don't value other people unless they have something to give you.