• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Issue with using Non-OEM inks in HP FB750

smcnamee

Hi All.
I've recently replaced our FB700 for a FB750, and now am suddenly having an issue with using non-OEM ink.

I'd been using Nazdar 705 series inks for years on the FB700 machine, but on the FB750, which has more up-to-date firmware, its refusing to recognize the Nazdar profiler chips when I replace an ink - it comes up as a 'bad profiler' shortly after installing the new ink & profiler.

The first time this happened, a HP engineer advised me that the newer machines records the profiler chip number when the chip runs down to 0%, and to change the chip for an OEM (HP) chip, allow this to run down to 0% which would write over the non-OEM chip number recorded on the printer, and then to swap inks out before they get to 0% on the chip to prevent the printer recording the chip number as empty.
I had to buy a OEM box of ink to rectify this the first time this happened just to get a different chip (but I'll still use the ink when needed!).

However, this has happened again when I change out another ink when it got to 3%, and is giving me a 'bad profiler' error again.
FYI - I've swapped the profiler into 'incorrect' sockets to check the chip, but they are detected and read fine when in the wrong socket (in profiler test, they will read as the correct type of profiler, and the correct fill%, just in the wrong position).

I can't be the only person running Nazdar inks on an FB750, has anyone had this problem before, and what if any work-around is there?

smcnamee

I've tried backdating the Firmware from version AK B.04.09 back to AK B.04.05, which is the oldest .bin file I have available - no change.