• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JFX 500 blocked heads and lines

Philip A

Has anyone a clue to why my jfx 500 ink turned to gell blocking the ink lines and heads?

The jfx has been printing fine although loosing a few more nozzles over several days, our tech suggested an overnight head soak might be the answer.

The following day we had lost yellow completely!

Our tech revisited and to our absolute horror he surgically removed a lump of gelly ink from the subtank 1" x 1" x 1/2 which was not only in the subtank but 'growing' on eitherside of
the fine mesh filter and into the print line, most of the other lines were not far behind and required rodded out with a welding rod.

Bottom line I need 5 heads, several subtanks and labour!

But I'd like to see is anyone here can offer a plausable cause

Ink - Obvious place to start, in our ownership its run on Mimaki Lus 150 and for the past two - three years on a very much respected aftermarket US Brand, all in date and printing fine (on the slim chance of an ink issue its easy for any ink supplier to adopt a stance of no else has reported a problem)

I'm not trying to target blame, i just don't want it happening again, so far we've had...

Not original ink - easy to say of course but its not a theory I accept going forward on its own merit, (perhaps an ink professional could comment)

Print room to cold - I t can be but its been colder ( we've tried freezing ink as a test)

Print room to hot - It's been hot before ( we tried overheating ink)

Over heated by the machine ?

Not used quickly enough, too much old ink in the system, i still have regular ink bills! ( is there a minimum print level by the manufacturer?)

Ink wash wrong chemical make up though as supplied

Uv light leaking - all guards in place and black hoses intact

That's a quick overview, if you've had this or have some idea of the the cause , I'd really appreciate your help

Regards

Philip

ACg8ocLoaOOK6AjKjo4D7UxnIjmfP_Pbe22jWLO7kK6zMdYn=s40-p-mo
IMG_5600.JPG

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I would suspect bad primary filters. A lot of people tend to wait until problems occur before replacing them instead of the routine replacement suggested by MImaki. They are supposed to be replaced once per year so if yours are older than that, I would definitely start there. And since you got such a huge chunk of ink in the sub tank, you might even want to do an entire system flush, especially before replacing heads.

Superior_Adam

i would not trust a line that you had to clear with a welding rod. There will still be chunks of ink in that line that will clog later down the line or a filter.