• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Job Costing....

Vohaul

So, as i said in my intro, i'm starting out on my own, after 10+ years designing and operating in another shop.....

so my questions are for costing jobs...and what others thought are...

Is there a formula i should use..(ie like a per sq. ft. per vinyl foot + a sq.ft charge for ink used....etc. then plus 30 points or something.....

and then to figure out markup etc.

how do some of you do it.....

Im not looking for anyones trade secrets or anything....just wanted to know some basic info behind it so i dont end up pricing myself out of business and paying for customers jobs....

Thanks

reQ

Materials/Overhead/Time/Machines Maintenance - Thats the least you have to account for when making up a price. As was discussed many times, different shops have different prices. For example for set of vehicle magnets, shop A would charge $100.00 & shop B would charge $20.

There is no universal formula.

TXFB.INS

you have been operating another shop for 10+ yeas and never saw / using the pricing that was there?

as far as the pricing is concerned. there are formulas / scales / etc... that can be used.
bottom line is charge what you are comfortable with to pay you bills and provide for your family. also it is easy to lower your pricing then to raise them

Vohaul

sorry, that might of read wrong....by operating, i meant running the machines.....not the business end.....

you have been operating another shop for 10+ yeas and never saw / using the pricing that was there?

as far as the pricing is concerned. there are formulas / scales / etc... that can be used.
bottom line is charge what you are comfortable with to pay you bills and provide for your family. also it is easy to lower your pricing then to raise them