• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JPG Export not working?

Billct2

I'm just noticing that when I export files as .jpg and post them online they are not working, there is a red x instead. At least some show up that way. I had a post here in the portfolio section that some were able to see and some were not. Then I tried posting one to Facebook and all I seee is the red x. I've been doing this for a long time with no problem, what did I screw up to create this problem?

jfiscus

Rap Master
You are exporting JPEGs in CMYK mode instead of RGB. The internet does not like CMYK JPEGs for some reason.

W

wetgravy

some people can view cmyk jpgs on the internet, some cannot

Right on the spot. Your computer is set up to view and process cmyk into viewable rgb ... web standards and programming will mostly only accept rgb. (and heaven help you if the person viewing it still has I.E. 6) Make sure your exports are RGB if they are for the web and it should be fine as long as it's jpg, png without a transparency or in some cases a gif ... though that will butcher the colors if it isn't solid fills.