• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV 150-160 Issue (Solved)

Artist369

PXL_20221220_164801277.jpg
Does anyone know why it does this? it started about a week ago. In 15 years of printing I have never had this issue and am at a loss at what would cause this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Unfortunately that looks like an electrical issue. Have you received any random errors recently? Especially if you have been getting FIFO underrun errros it would indicate a bad trailing cable.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I have received no errors.
I'd suggest getting a tech. It's going to be some sort of electrical issue and a tech should be able to isolate where it is. This particular model had issues with electromagnetic interference so if you've added a new piece of equipment recently, try powering that down and see if it changes anything. If the humidity is low you might be getting static build up as well.

Artist369

I'd suggest getting a tech. It's going to be some sort of electrical issue and a tech should be able to isolate where it is. This particular model had issues with electromagnetic interference so if you've added a new piece of equipment recently, try powering that down and see if it changes anything. If the humidity is low you might be getting static build up as well.
i have a couple of calls out to techs. Newest piece of equipment we bought was 8 months ago, and we live in Florida, its always humid here.

Artist369

Ok, so the issue seems to be the encoder film. I had no other ideas and this was a solution to an issue I had years ago. Gave it a try, and so far so good.