• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Jv 33 printhead cables

gixxer2004

How do I install the printhead ribbon cables on my jv33? I noticed the factory installed cables have sharp bends in them in order to fit into the space. The new ribbon cables are straight.....do I bend the new ones the same as the factory ribbons? I thought they were very delicate?

L.D

Attachments

• 061D81D3-6F78-48C2-8F39-024A9174B3FD.jpeg
    061D81D3-6F78-48C2-8F39-024A9174B3FD.jpeg
    226.5 KB · Views: 140

gixxer2004

Yes those are the printhead ribbons that I would like to replace. The factory cables have bends in them. I bought them through Apc which sells and services mimaki printers.

L.D

They should come with the bends in them already. Have you tried installing them already? If so are they long enough to reach the board?

gixxer2004

You are correct. I just checked my invoice and I purchased them from MacMedia. The ones Apc sell are pre-bent to the correct angles. I am not going to take any chances and will just order the ones from American print consultants. The guys at Apc service mimaki so they would know what's best. Thank you!

• Agree
Reactions: L.D

Terry01

Just bend them..it will not effect them unless you start smacking them with a hammer.. if you have the correct type for the DX5, they are glued together as a pair.

gixxer2004

Thank you Vander! I figured they could be bent but just checking before using them on a brand new printhead. Some dealers sell oem that are already pre-bent others sell them as generic straight cables.I know the JV33 pretty well as far as the maintenance aspect but this is the first head that I am replacing. I know it is outdated but I am actually really impressed with this workhorse and got 8 years out of the printhead. Thank you guys for all of your advise!

L.D

Vander is correct they can be bent. Or you can just buy the ones that are pre-bent. I always use pre-bent. But, Mimaki is located 5min from where I work so 100% of my parts come from there. Lol