• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV3-130 ink fill up doesn't work for black/magenta lines

robsonr

Hi everybody,

I bought a used Mimaki JV3-130 printer. When I try to fill up ink, lines with yellow and cyan fill up no problem, but no ink is being sucked from black and magenta cartridges. Both black and magenta are connected to the same pump and pump seems to be working fine. Could somebody please make a suggestion where I should look to fix the problem? I have no history with this printer and I also need to consider that anything could happen during the transportation to my place.

Thanks for your help.

artbot

most likely a bad pump or bad seal at the cap. the easiest thing to try first is a pump tube swap. take off the panel in the back where you access the pumps.

first, before do the swap set a syringe at the end of the drain line (later on run your drain lines outside the hull, not through the base of the printer. then drill four separate holes in your drain bottle. ...one for each line. being able to access the bottom of the drain line quickly is a must. you'll need to chop out a bit of the panel and buy longer tubes) pull gently on both caps. if you pull and it does not resist and you just get air, then you don't have a good seal at the caps. if you get resistance but no ink possibly the bottom of the cap is clogged, or the lines going to the pumps are clogged. all of these issue are visual and or you can squeeze the line and listen for dry ink. if you get good resistance than you have a seal. always keep in mind that a clogged pump/lines can act like a good seal because it will give you resistance.

if you feel you have a good seal, and there are no leak at the cap or clogs in the line proceed to the pump tube swap.

take the blue/yellow pump lines (they separate at the SS union inside the tubes) and place them onto the magenta/black lines. if it doesn't fill have a partner pull aggressively at the drain line while someone else pours cleaning solution down into the cap.

try the ink fill again. but remember to choose the blue/yellow pump option. if that doesn't help, the reconnect them correctly and go to blaming the seal at the cap.

robsonr

Thank you for the fast reply. I did as you suggested an eventually I figured out that the problem was with the capping station. It suppose to be held on such arms and it was off on one end. Now everything works fine. Again thank you for your help.