• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV3 160SP Stuck in service mode

glennp

I have a JV3 160SP that boots into service mode without any function/remote being pressed during boot. Has anyone seen this problem or does anyone know how to fix?

Redz Signs Inc.

i wouldent be concerned about that its not a bad thing if it not causing a problem.. but have you spilled and ink or solvent on the key pad? it could have a short.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
You can change this in a few seconds if you dont like the service menus being available all the time.

Go to FUNCTION#PARAMETER - Enter
PARAMETER#SYSTEM PRM - Enter

#62 SUPPORT sets that. I'd have to dig to see what it normally is - my notes just show to change it to 3 to make it always show the service mode menus.... so I'd guess changing it to 2, 1, or 0 would set it to not always show them. Probably be a good idea to get someone to put theirs into service mode to verify what the default value should be. I cannot tell you what might happen if you choose something that is not the default or 3 since I dont have a JV3 anymore....

It's always available on my JV33 too but it's a different parameter number (#46) and it's set to 2 on a JV33 to always enable service mode menus.