• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV300 Strange colour drop out issue

Valentinik

Hi all, having a strange colour drop out issue with my JV300. Printer is set up for dual cymk but using only one head in this instance.

Im printing 2.4m lengths of solid green (100% yellow, 68% Cyan). The full 2.4m piece prints perfectly and finishes, Test print after print finishes and 1 yellow channel on the head has dropped out completely.

A fill up ink and cleans brings the channel back. Print another 2.4m section, finishes printing perfectly. Test print shows now both channels on the head have dropped out.

Caps and dampers were replaced for genuine 5 months ago, heads are brand new due to a separate issue. Using cartridges not a bulk system. The only thing that havent been changed at this point are thee cartridge valves and ink lines, but the issue is the same on both cartridges, so doesnt seem to be linked to the valves?

Does anyone have any idea what would cause the yellow to drop out straight after finishing the print, but not during?

Thanks
Mike

VickNarine

Hi all, having a strange colour drop out issue with my JV300. Printer is set up for dual cymk but using only one head in this instance.

Im printing 2.4m lengths of solid green (100% yellow, 68% Cyan). The full 2.4m piece prints perfectly and finishes, Test print after print finishes and 1 yellow channel on the head has dropped out completely.

A fill up ink and cleans brings the channel back. Print another 2.4m section, finishes printing perfectly. Test print shows now both channels on the head have dropped out.

Caps and dampers were replaced for genuine 5 months ago, heads are brand new due to a separate issue. Using cartridges not a bulk system. The only thing that havent been changed at this point are thee cartridge valves and ink lines, but the issue is the same on both cartridges, so doesnt seem to be linked to the valves?

Does anyone have any idea what would cause the yellow to drop out straight after finishing the print, but not during?

Thanks
Mike
You might need to do a capping adjust.

Valentinik

You might need to do a capping adjust.
Thanks for your reply, when the engineer came out to fit new heads he noted the caps were align as i did check with him.

I find it very strange the prints finish no problem and only after they have finished does the colour drop out. Has anyone else had this?

PW66

I am having the same issue now with magenta on my CJV 150. Drops out as soon as I stop printing but works ok when I am printing. Head only printed 120 metres since replaced under warranty. Cap looks good and well centred, replaced by the engineer when the head was replaced.

Did you come up with a solution?