• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV33 Printhead, suitable for JV5?

Robert72

Dear Fellows,

I've heard all kind of things regarding this. Some people say that it's exaclty the same, some people say they're different printheads. The fact is the JV33 cost exactly half the price of the JV5 printhead in Europe.

Anybody did try it?

Robert72

Sorry,I forgot I asked the same time ago, but really I need to know if any of you has put it into JV5. I don't want to waste my money if I'm not sure they're suitable.

Hi Case, you seem to be very sure of this. Have you done it? Please tell me about.

As always, thanks for your valuable help.

premiercolour

Merchant Member
Yes, they share same print head

JV33/ JV5 print head $670 shipped within united states. All print head sold by fieldcenter is brand new genuine shipped from southern california.

availability is limited.

Case

Yep, exact same head.... trust me and anyone else that tells you....

JV5 has 4 of them, JV33 has one...

Case

ScotJ

Yes, they share same print head

JV33/ JV5 print head $670 shipped within united states. All print head sold by fieldcenter is brand new genuine shipped from southern california.

availability is limited.

Is his price for real? I'd like to get one if so.

and yes, the JV33 and JV5 heads are identical, the JV5 just has 3 more than the JV3 :)

premiercolour

Merchant Member
Price is now $700+ shipping. Give me a call.

It is new genuine epson 10000 print head, period. We have several in stock to ship.

Francis
949-209-7306

Robert72

Hi wait, the Epson 10000 printhead isn't the JV3 or Roland printhead aka DX4???

My friend, the JV5 printhead is DX5-based, as the JV33 is.

Scott, if you buy those printheads from Southern California, I'd pay with any kind of escrow till you open the printhead and attach the cable and see no errors.

premiercolour

Merchant Member
Scott,

As we spoke on the phone, there was a mis-quote. The print head for JV33 is $1,400 shipped to door from s. california.

-Francis

Robert72

Sorry FieldCenter if I sounded too rude, but as you know, last times, there's a lot of misunderstandings with Asia-coming spare parts and that's what I understood.

Regards,
Robert.

premiercolour

Merchant Member
None taken.

By the way, we are based in S. California just some of our suppliers are based in Asia. If it was our misquotation, we always offer next day service to correct the problem. This is our first time mis-quote to be exact.

$1,400 shipped to door for new genuine jv33 print head.

Francis
949-209-7306

Robert72

Sorry if I'm really boring with this matter, but, the european dealers insist on both printheads are different. The JV5 doesn't recognize a JV33 printhead.

Please please, anybody who has done the change???

janfranck

jv33 and jv5 printheads

hi,

i guess i know what you mean and it´s like this:

the jv5 runs an epson IH47V head ( oem-licensed only ) ... so does the jv33 ..

but:

on jv33 there is an option in the electronics missing to block other heads to be installed - so there are compatible ones existing !
on the jv5 it´s working - and refusing any head then the original IH47V

i installed several heads to JV33 / VJ and also JV5 so i know about..

best regards from germany,
yours jan :)

Robert72

Thanks Jan!!!
That's exactly the kind of info I was looking for.
So if I've understood correctly, if it's an ORIGINAL JV33 printhead, I can put it on the JV5 and it will work?
I've tried in the past with an epson 4800 printhead with a solvent head adapter, and as you point, the machine refused it. I didn't try with the 4880 printhead because I supposed the same result.

Or maybe there's a way to avoid that blocking in the Maintenance parameters. The firmware of the mine is V2.10, if I update it??

Thanks thanks thanks,
Robert.

Swim

Dear Jan and Robert,

I have 3 points

I Write from Venezuela where we print fabric for swimwear (polyamide) with acid dyes. We have 2 JV5, we are exactly in the same situation.

1 - I would like to know if the Jv33 head has a different part number and a different price than the JV5 or is it the samehead in the same package? a company from China tried to sell me a head for the Mutoh Valuejet, they say it should be compatible but are not 100% sure. Could you susggest some supplier for this piece of equipment.

2 - the second point
Does any one knows anything about this company???
Pro-sign,Co,ltd.
Tel: +86 21 5885 7324
Address:No 13,Yunshan Industrial Area,pudong district,shanghai, China
Web: www.pro-sign.com.cn
Email: sales@pro-sign.com.cn

I was negotiating with them the purchase of the printhead for the JV5. It was all fine untill I requested the proforma invoice and banking info for sending the payment. After sending the banking info and the proforma invoice, the guy was so pushy about when he was going to receive the payment, that I started having some doubts about it. Fortunately we have a broker in Guanzhou china and I asked him to call that company, he tried for a few days but no one answered the phone, I also wrote many times to the person I was emailing with and again no answer. In fact What I think is that when wanted to start verifying the references, he disapeared...... I will let imagine what would have hapen if I would have sent the money..... I can t imagine any other issue.
So to everybody beware.

giuly60

attention in china

Hi

I had also a bed exp in china with company SKYPOWERINK send the money
nothing happend so pay attention ...!!

the only head work in JV5 is the I H 4 7 V no other heads works at this moment.!

prosign also is in the black list for me all this company they use the same photo of the head

regards

Giuliano

Dear Jan and Robert,

I have 3 points

I Write from Venezuela where we print fabric for swimwear (polyamide) with acid dyes. We have 2 JV5, we are exactly in the same situation.

1 - I would like to know if the Jv33 head has a different part number and a different price than the JV5 or is it the samehead in the same package? a company from China tried to sell me a head for the Mutoh Valuejet, they say it should be compatible but are not 100% sure. Could you susggest some supplier for this piece of equipment.

2 - the second point
Does any one knows anything about this company???
Pro-sign,Co,ltd.
Tel: +86 21 5885 7324
Address:No 13,Yunshan Industrial Area,pudong district,shanghai, China
Web: www.pro-sign.com.cn
Email: sales@pro-sign.com.cn

I was negotiating with them the purchase of the printhead for the JV5. It was all fine untill I requested the proforma invoice and banking info for sending the payment. After sending the banking info and the proforma invoice, the guy was so pushy about when he was going to receive the payment, that I started having some doubts about it. Fortunately we have a broker in Guanzhou china and I asked him to call that company, he tried for a few days but no one answered the phone, I also wrote many times to the person I was emailing with and again no answer. In fact What I think is that when wanted to start verifying the references, he disapeared...... I will let imagine what would have hapen if I would have sent the money..... I can t imagine any other issue.
So to everybody beware.

Jemmings

Sign-Pro Ripped me off the for price of 10 JV3 Print heads and 20 dampers. By chance do you still have the invoice they sent you? I hope to put together a case for the police department in Shanghai to investigate. Thanks in advance.

Robert72

Bump!!!

Any luck trying to put JV33 printhead on a JV5?
Anybody did the trick?? I'm pretty sure it can be hacked.
It's not fair anywhere that the JV5 printhead cost the double being the same.

DigitalBBQ

Having a few thoughts for anyone owning one of these printer, and before the head going out:

1 ) If there is more than 50% chance that we all JV3(3) owner will get rip-off from the Far East source at any given day; why are we wanting these print heads from the black market, and risking so much ? (And no one seems to be sure what they are buying and what is working, and who will install it if you actually got from without the rip-off, and who will assign ranking/calibrate these heads, etc!)

2 ) Can you just buy them from Mimaki and install it do-it-yourself ? ( Is that the word "Genuine" meaning supplying or selling from and by Mimaki ? Is there such thing can be a knock-off for these DX5 printheads out there that work just like the real thing ? )

3 ) If there is a dealer from the Far East like Field Center base right in the S. CA selling import parts as reasonable prices and also promoting after-sale services; has anyone buy, any feedback ?

4 ) What is the cost in general to call Mimaki's certified tech to come out and replace the head ? (beside the cost of the head itself)

5 ) What is the price tag for the IH47V from Mimaki is like ?

premiercolour

Merchant Member
We have not yet sold any Mimaki JV5 print heads in the last six months. We have sold one Mutoh print head to a forum user but after two months of usage; the print head failed. We have sold more than 50-70 Epson 10000 print heads in the past two months. 0 problem, o complaints.

All print head from Fieldcenter are in original package sealed. We will not offer any kind of warranty. It is just like any Mimaki dealer. You buy a print head from them without installation from the same dealer; No warranty. Without proper installation, print head will fail.

Fieldcenter Inc
(949)209-7306