• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

jv5 320 print heads problem (DX5)

I have problem just on first line of cyan.
All 4 heads, on first line of cyan, on test print are missing. All other line are 100% ok. I did many cleanings, hard, normal, soft, filling. I clean the tubes with cleaning solution. I clean the print heads with syringe , I use cleaning solution from Mimaki and Alcohol 90% nothing works. I replace the dumpers, the cap station.
If I open the cartridge valve and i push the dumper to drop ink from head, and after that i do the test print, the missing line of cyan, appear. But after oane soft cleanig or 1 min of print with cyan ... disappear.
If I switch in head the cyan dumper with the magenta dumper and i do one hard cleaning, In test print i have cyan (on Magenta position) an no Magenta (in Cyan position ). After i put the Cyan and Magenta dumpers in place, the M is ok and C not.

What can I do more? What is the problem?

Attachments

• Cyan laine 2.jpg
    Cyan laine 2.jpg
    241.5 KB · Views: 439

Jack Knight1979

use the search function for flushing heads.
there is a ton of material in place for your needs.

If you're still stumped come back to this thread for more help.

OK, I understand what manifold is. I know that part with another name. :).
When i flushing the heads with cleaning solution and alchool, I clean also the manifolds . I think the manifolds are clean.
@Jack Knight1979: I read a lot of posts about flashing the heads, nothing works.
I do all the cleaning from printer, soft, normal, hard, flushing. I did the nozzle wash procedure an I closed the printer from main power , 3 days .... :(. I clean all the raws with cleaning solution.
I clean the heads with a syringe a tube and a dumper attach. I use alchool 90% and cleaning solution from mimaki. You know other substance that can help me?
The only moment when I have a good test print is after i press on dumper and i have drops of ink drip from the head. After this i do a test print and all it is ok. After one cleaning the raw no 2 is missing.

Any other ideea?

Attachments

• ink.jpg
    ink.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 225

Gabriel

Have you tried to replace the damper? Maybe you have a air leak between the manifold and the o-ring. Just a thought....

artbot

i would not get alcohol near that printer. it evaporates too quickly thus causing condensation. condensation (H2O) can coagulate your ink and lock up your head. stick to factory cleaning solution or mix butyl carbitol 5 parts with one part acetone for a homemade cleaning solution.

I know that, when i clean with alcohol I follow the next 3 step.
1. I push just air to remove all ink from head
2. I push alcohol 10 ml
3. I push cleaning solution 10 ml
. In many cases I solved the problem this way.
Not this time, unfortunately :(
I will try your recipe. :)
It is ok for HS ink (solvent)?.

artbot

do a test. pour some HS ink on a piece of aluminum foil. mix a small amount of homemade solution. does the ink mix fluidly? no particlization, coagulation... ??? carbitol is some really cool stuff. most industrial sherwin williams locations carry it.

Rooster

For all the cleanings you've mentioned you have not listed a nozzle wash.

If you haven't done one yet it's more likely to solve the issue than any of the other cleaning methods you've listed here.

Robert72

Check your pumps and tubes under capping station for possible air or ink leakings. If there's no vacuum seal, the pump won't aspire ink. It doesn't happen always on all colors, Sometimes it's only one color which suffers.

stickerjay

Same problem

I am having the same problem all four left channels of all four heads cyan only I have replace everything from the cartridge to the heads including o rings and connectors and dampers please tell me there is a logical answer. Thanks for all your help

artbot

if it is universal across all heads on one side, then i'd look at some mechanical solution that is located beyond the ink lines (that is if you've done a damper swap and proved that the issue can be isolated to that channel and not the damper/line). are all the heads original to the printer? fi so, i'd entertain the idea of switching out one head manifold. there's a possibility that a bad batch of head manifolds went out and they are all equally defective.

one question. how is the ink delivery arranged for that printer? if a single source supplies those left channels of cyan then the issue could be a further down the supply side.

Last edited:

stickerjay

we have replaced the dampers, damper caps, valve assembly and all o rings in between. i read on another post a guy had the same problem and it was a capping alignment, hopefully this is true for me to. all heads are firing when there is in in them as soon as there out there are only a few nozzels showing do a few good cleanings and wa la.... print for a few left channel drops back out once the head its self runs out of ink the tech was in and said its definatly a ink starvation issue, i have new pumps coming in today. i will also realign capping and see if we get anywhere.

artbot

"definitely an ink starvation issue" doesn't say much. that means he's flipped the coin and it's more likely ink than data. if you do a damper swap (crossing left cyan with the left magenta damper/ink lines) and the cyan issues migrates to the left magenta channel, nothing below the head is at fault. this means that the issue is held within the ink or ink delivery at those lines. so do that first before you start replacing capping stations or pumps, etc. if the issue stays the left cyan channels after crossing the damper/lines then the issue is sole to be found at the manifolds and down. the fact that the issue is across several caps and pumps points to it not being the caps and pumps. the odds are highly against a universal mechanical failure like that.