• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Laminated graphics for customer install

phototec

When providing print and laminated graphics for customer install, what type of app tape do you use on the graphic?

I usually install what I make, but there are a few who want to install the printed, laminated hood graphics themselves (18"x24").

Oracal media and laminate.

:thankyou:

phototec

if there is no contour cutting, than no premask transfer

otherwise the standard 4075RLA

Yes, the 18" x 24" graphic is contoured cut into three pieces, I just didn't know if you use on of the CLEAR plastic looking app tape when supplying for customer install (so they can see through it better).

:thankyou:

TXFB.INS

clear is notorious for tunneling, that cause a new can of issues. unless you want them to return for replacement pieces from screwing up the install.

besides unless you cut through the backing how are they going to see where the graphics are being applied, this cancels the benefits of using clear

Snydo

clear mask can be problematic, I would use the cheapest stuff that works well at transferring the graphics.

The medium-tack R tapes and Transfer Rite stuff works great on Orafol 3651 with any laminate I've ever used.(mostly Oracal, Kapco, and General Formulations).

If I know a noob will be installing I will also put center point marks on the top and sides witch a china pencil.
Also tell them to squeegee the back side of the graphic before peeling.

Christian @ 2CT Media

I'm going to turn you guys on to my secret product when people want to self install....

Its an amazing product that goes on super easy and almost anything. Its also easily removable and replaceable, I have a sample from a month ago that I keep moving around my dirty truck and it keeps holding on!

Seal/Neschen makes a product called EasyDot... check it out, it will quickly become a new favorite go to for these situations. They can literally install it by hand, no squeegee/credit card/etc. required.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBAzJq9zdUo

jman

I just use R Tape 4076RLA. No complaints here. Hopefully they mess up then pay you to reprint and install lol