• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Large interior sign project

Marie

A very good customer sent me a photo of a wall display (see attached) that he saw when he was visiting someone in the hospital and is now inspired to do something similar at his company for a timeline showing their corporate history. The problem for me is the size. From the photo, it looks to be 6-7 ft tall by 12-14 fit wide, and it looks to be one piece. His maintenance staff will handle the installation and framing, but I am limited with my 54" Mimaki as to what I can print without paneling plus the size of what I can mount with my laminator. If I could outsource it reliably and it could be shipped motor freight, I could have it delivered straight to their receiving dock. Any suggestions on how to approach this? THANKS!

Attachments

• example.png
    example.png
    656.4 KB · Views: 183

Johnny Best

It looks like it is mounted on something like PVC or ACM and it does look to be about 4' tall. Get Signs 365 to print it, mount on panel and deliver.

Marie

It looks like the big sign is 5 1/2 ceiling tiles wide - so maybe 10 ft wide? And maybe there is a panel between the tree graphic and the words? Thanks for getting me to take a closer look at the photo!!

CanuckSigns

We just finished something similar for a nursing home, the space between the handrail and ceiling was 52", so we used 48"x120"sheets and it worked well.

• Agree
Reactions: 2B

2B

Either a light Shadow or a panel seam with a solid print

If you want "seamless" use a banner with a banner tension frame

1702486460948.png

PLEASE design so the elements line up....
1702486494217.png

Gino

Premium Subscriber
According to what substrate you go with, you can get solid panels up to 63" x 151" We did a 42' x 540" timeline for a company in all of their stores. We had the same problem, but also we had no way to transport a sign 45' long, so we broke them down into sections and the customer was totally happy with it.