• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Large Sign Questions

jfiscus

Rap Master
I recently undertook a project for a customer opening a new location, and I have a few questions about how to produce the end product.

It is a VERY large sign (to me) at one pan-face panel of 7'x14'. This is a back-lit sign replacing an old face in an existing cabinet on the side of a building. Getting it in place should be no problem.

My question here lies in the method of how to image the face of the panel. Since the panel will only be 2-3 colors (one primary background color & 1-2 additional colors; lettering) how would YOU go about making the image for the face of this sign?

We have an Epson GS6000 & 63" plotter, along with a painter in our body shop. CAN I make the face graphics here in any way or am I going to have to have the face imaging done elsewhere?

jfiscus

Rap Master
We are ordering the formed pan face, I would like to be able to produce it in-house, but if we're not capable of it, I will have them produce the image also.

With the 63" printer I couldn't think of how to print/cut it so that there wouldn't be (very visible) seams...

make as many panels sized that you can handle (lay down successfully) with a half inch overlap. when done trim the overlap with a sharp blade so there is only a hair if overlap, like 1/16'' or even none...I doubt the width of the blade will shine that brightly up on the side of a building

boxerbay

it's a backlit. when it heats up if your vinyl shrinks even a hair you will see the separation especially when lit up. find a local grand format printer and broker the print.