• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

laser engraving supplies

sign tek

I am thinking about buying a laser engraver (used - found a great deal on a repo) but i dont know to much about where to get suppies i.e. raw material to engrave. dose anyone here use a laser and can share there distributor(s) any help would be great.

CES020

Johnson Plastics, JDS Industries, Gravograph.

Johnson and JDS will send catalogs. Johnson carries a wider variety of products, JDS is very good too, gravograph is a place you order from if you need their product, which happens from time to time, but I don't know many people that use them as their primary supplier.

Make sure what you order is designated for the laser. Those materials are two ply and have a very very thin top cap sheet. If you get the non laser versions their cap sheet is much thicker, so your laser won't deal with it in one pass. You can engrave it, you'll just have to use multiple passes, so stick with the laser friendly stuff.

IPI plastics and Rowmark and the two big ones out there. Both sell swatch books. I'd suggest getting them.

CES020

V-Engrave, is that a California only company? Looks like they have a lot of stuff, but I can't deal with 5 days ground shipping on stuff. Do you know if they have other locations?

V-ENGRAVE

CES20, your better choice wold be BF PLASTIC Inc. in Ohio or Ability Plastics in Illinois. There is also South East plastics in NC.
Btw, for what is worth IPI is now division of Rowmark.

CES020

Thanks for that. I'm hung on JDS these days. I love their online ordering where I can see which warehouse the material is at. They have two locations that are 1 days shipping from us, so I try and catch material out of those rather than have to wait for it to come from the midwest or west.

So Rowmark bought IPI, huh? Wow....didn't know that. That should be interesting in the future. I smell price increases all around :)

Thanks for the info-

V-ENGRAVE

JDS is a good company to deal with. Forgot to mention Nash Industries Inc. in NJ.

From my reliable sources news is that Rowmark has taken over EZ-GRAV and TPF (Transfer Print Foil) and that they also produce Gravograph (New Hermes) plastic products now days. Abou price going up, we will wait and see.