• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

learning corel draw

ironchef

Is there a place or school. Maybe online that teaches corel? Or instructional videos geared towards printing? I have x5 and x6 in my drawer waiting for rasterlink update

royster13

Youtube has all you need.....And it is free and often there are multiple videos for the same topic so you can get many views of how to do stuff....

J

john1

Playing around with it yourself and youtube is all i did. Works great.

WildWestDesigns

Lynda.com

+1.

While the free sources do have their good points, I have found that things actually stick with me coming from those videos then they have with youtube. Now it might have very well have been the videos that I looked at and the people making those videos, but I really do like how lynda.com has it setup.

ironchef

Nice. Thanks guys. I liked her site. I think ill start with all the youtube videos. And go on from there. I know the basics. I just want to be more productive and efficient at it.

Scott Reynolds

Train a Monkey!!

Oh wait. Maybe thats what your boss is doing..... If thats the case, disregard this post.

Who's a good little monkey?!?! :Big Laugh

round man

most if not all microsoft based programs have a help menu,...in all the corel versions I have used there is also a tutorial option included under that help menu drop down,...dunno about the newer ones, but I've found x3 does all I need it to do and more

Masseria

Try not to use the mouse at all, and you will be productive.
For example:
To center an object: Hit "F4"
To Center object in page: Hit "P"
To align objects X and Y press: "C" & "E".
To use last tool : press spacebar
,etc,etc,etc.

there are millions combinations....
Just play with it, work with it one day you'll realize your a master. Corel is very easy.... so... good luck.

ironchef

Nice. Im like that with omega. I know all their shortcuts... still learning corel tho... i ran i to a snag. It freezez and closes when i go into edit color section. I forgot how its called. But where you go to insert a color code. Like pantone blah blah...

Jim Hill

The way I learned how to use CorelDraw was from Alex Galvez and all of his Free tutorials on UTube

I would simply minimize my monitor screen and then open one of Alex's tutorials and then minimize that screen and simply follow everything he did over an over until I learned how to use the program.

He is a wonderful teacher and I cannot thank him enough for being kind.

Jim