• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

LEC300A not cutting

Gamer

I have an issue with my printer where it won't cut with the plotter blade, it dosent matter if I use a force setting of 80 or 250gm it just leaves a very fine cut on the surface of the material.

Has anyone here had something similar as I'm told it could be the Solenoid or the Servo board needing replacement. Can the servo boards be repaired?

Cheers.

damonCA21

I have an issue with my printer where it won't cut with the plotter blade, it dosent matter if I use a force setting of 80 or 250gm it just leaves a very fine cut on the surface of the material.

Has anyone here had something similar as I'm told it could be the Solenoid or the Servo board needing replacement. Can the servo boards be repaired?

Cheers.
If it is leaving some cut then the servo board should be ok. It is most like the solenoid in the cut carriage. These aren't available separately though so you would need to look at getting a used cut carriage to replace it

Gamer

I have been quoted from Roland $455+gst for the solenoid and $2.2k+gst for the Servo board.

To me it sounds more like the servo board as I'm into electronics and can't see how a faulty solenoid can cause this, a solenoid either works when voltage is applied or it doesn't. The servo board would either send a low voltage for 30gm of force and a higher voltage for 250gm of force.