• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Less is more wrap

phototec

Flame,

I like the overall design, I think more wraps should be simple and clean like what you did, not all gaudy using every effect that Aurora Graphics sells.

However I have to agree the placement of the birds head is pretty bad and sticks out like a sore thumb to me. The bird image should have been moved so it would NOT be obstructed by the door frame (see my comp below).

It is so VERY important when creating a design around trailer doors (window), you do your homework and make a very accurate template, so placement of critical design elements are NOT obstructed by door frames, hinges etc.

I make my own measurements and use the best tool available, my digital camera. I shoot the sides, front and back using a 85-100mm lens, centered between the left and right and top to bottom to eliminate lens distortion. Then import that image into my design software at scale on a separate layer and use it for verification that no major design elements are going to be obstructed by things like door frames (window frames), etc.

Overall you did a great job.
:thumb:

Attachments

• phoenix3(MOD).jpg
    phoenix3(MOD).jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 101

tsgstl

pretty cool how everything is seamless. My biggest gripe with 90% of wraps is how they look like 4 different pieces.

nice job!!

acothran

I really like the overall design and thing it is very eye-catching and clean. The only nit-picky thing to me is that the back door text looks cramped to me. The top logo is the hinge, there is a lot of background visible in the middle and then the bottom text doesn't have much breathing room around the plate holder and edges. Back door hardware and license plate holders always make things interesting, and seems like no two trailers are the same. That's why I said nit-picky.

Great job and thanks for sharing. Nice wrap.

Allen

slappy

looks great Flame! what font is the business name in and the one under it?? Looks like a nice cop car font for the Pro Cycles maybe.... but i'd like to know what they are if you don't mind sharing:smile:

Master's Touch

This is one of those times like when you have put the absolute PERFECT coat of paint on a panel---and a bug comes,lands in the middle of it and wallows around for 15 minutes before you come back and dig it out.

This is a beautiful job, but ya stuck a big ol BUG in the middle of it, TWICE no less, with the placement of the darn pheonix head. I don't care if it harelipped me--I'd have fixed that or it wouldn't have gone out the door.

Great (terribly flawed) work! ARRGH!

Flame

This is one of those times like when you have put the absolute PERFECT coat of paint on a panel---and a bug comes,lands in the middle of it and wallows around for 15 minutes before you come back and dig it out.

This is a beautiful job, but ya stuck a big ol BUG in the middle of it, TWICE no less, with the placement of the darn pheonix head. I don't care if it harelipped me--I'd have fixed that or it wouldn't have gone out the door.

Great (terribly flawed) work! ARRGH!

lol. It was done on a weekend at a warehouse 40 miles from my shop. I finished that side Sunday evening, when the trailer was leaving Monday morning. That's how race vehicles works, everything's last minute. I actually told the owner we could dink with it when he got back but he said it wasn't even a concern sooooo. Eh it happens you know? But thanks for reminding me lol.