• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

let's pretend...

Marlene

watching a commercial tonight made me wonder what if we had the chance to critique a well known logo like it was the first time we've seen it and it isn't famous, just an image posted by a member. what would we really have to say if given the chance so let's pretend...a customer came in today and asked for a design for a high end company he is starting. I came up with this. what do you think?

Attachments

• bmw.jpg
    bmw.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 310

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
If the name had anything to do with Bavaria... then clever use of the Bavarian flag... Plus I do love circles...

2B

kerning is way too loose, also looks like the M is off-center to the design

sardocs

I think you need to design in black and white first. Make sure it works at that level first before you add crazy effects like blue.

Sign Works

Usual customer ..
But it doesen't have my name spelled out and it doesen't have a tagline describing what we do.
We need to incorporate our phone number in there don't ya think?
Oh don't forget the website address, gotta have that in there.
What do you think about putting my e-mail address in there as well? No? Well I think I want that in there too.
Other than that it looks great ...... But can you put some red in there also? I think it's missing something.:rolleyes:

SignosaurusRex

I might think this....

Nice, clean and simple... denotes the transition from aircraft manufacturing to Motorcycles and Motorcars. The Blue in the logo seems to represent not only the Bavarian flag, but a spinning airplane propeller as well as spokes or a hub of a wheel. Black ring for a tire. Nothing more, and nothing less needed.

Although... http://www.logodesignlove.com/bmw-logo-evolution

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Ah yes, the ever ubiquitous roundel. But let's link four circles in a row...or add three spokes...absolutely brilliant.

JB

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 168
  • 1.png
    1.png
    138.5 KB · Views: 174

SignosaurusRex

Ah yes, the ever ubiquitous roundel. But let's link four circles in a row...or add three spokes...absolutely brilliant.

JB

It is no coincidence or accident that all four use the ubiquitous roundel. They are all connected in one fashion or another, other than being auto manufacturers.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
If the name had anything to do with Bavaria... then clever use of the Bavarian flag... Plus I do love circles...

I think circular logos have had their run and it's time to move on to something modern - more linear.......
BMW squared.jpg

wayne k
guam usa

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I think circular logos have had their run and it's time to move on to something modern - more linear.......
attachment.php

wayne k
guam usa

But.......... aren't you running the risk of not thinking outside the box ?? :omg: With your example, everytime you go to the outside, you add another box and so on and so on.

sardocs

New regulations have forced us to adopt the triangle tire. It has something to do with getting us to stop talking on cell phones when driving.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
But.......... aren't you running the risk of not thinking outside the box ?? :omg: With your example, everytime you go to the outside, you add another box and so on and so on.

Gino,
that's the beauty of the square over a circle (sorry Rick).
Turn a circle on it's side - what do you get - another circle.
Turn a square on it's side and it is no longer a box to think outside of.........
BMW-diamond.jpg BMW-diamond.jpg

wayne k
guam usa