• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Levelling up

Humble PM

If I'm lucky, one day I'll be a Eudyptula minor
Just been on a site visit for the production area in our new facility, and have met a subtle curve ball.

Turns out I'm not looking at sealed polished concrete, but rather concrete with undulations up to 15mm, though this potentially isn't the worst issue. The floor drops 150mm over 6metres, towards a central valley that ends on one side of production space (other side of the valley, on the other side of a wall is a studio. So the tilt is only on one axis.

It's not a large space (less than 600 sq ft), and I'm used to shifting tables (8x4's), laminator, cutter etc - all on wheels - to accomodate different types of print, mount, laminate, jobs.

Any thoughts on adjustable height wheels/feet/ other solutions, so I can rejig to accomodate the terrain, and not have machines, tables out of true.

We don't have budget/time to fix level/surface of floor.

I'm almost thinking toe jacks and threaded feet for the tables, with printers at one level wall, with wedges to counteract the valley, and shims to make the laminator true, as it shifts potition...

Eek.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Just been on a site visit for the production area in our new facility, and have met a subtle curve ball.

Turns out I'm not looking at sealed polished concrete, but rather concrete with undulations up to 15mm, though this potentially isn't the worst issue. The floor drops 150mm over 6metres, towards a central valley that ends on one side of production space (other side of the valley, on the other side of a wall is a studio. So the tilt is only on one axis.

It's not a large space (less than 600 sq ft), and I'm used to shifting tables (8x4's), laminator, cutter etc - all on wheels - to accomodate different types of print, mount, laminate, jobs.

Any thoughts on adjustable height wheels/feet/ other solutions, so I can rejig to accomodate the terrain, and not have machines, tables out of true.

We don't have budget/time to fix level/surface of floor.

I'm almost thinking toe jacks and threaded feet for the tables, with printers at one level wall, with wedges to counteract the valley, and shims to make the laminator true, as it shifts potition...

Eek.
This is what we have under our Annapurna

Attachments

• IMG_20240229_150144.jpg
    IMG_20240229_150144.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 46