• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Logo critique & insight on a logo change!

Dan Antonelli

Wow - what a huge improvement. I like the first round with Myriad better, it just needed some tighter kerning. I dont care for the Serpentine usage in your round 2.

I think you nailed it Round 1. Myriad is a good face, but like Joe said, doesn't have a ton of character. You might want to check Neo Sans as an alternate. The icon might also be a tad large compared to the typography, and I think the rule should be thinner. But it's real tight as is.

I really love to see when someone really steps up and improves their own branding.

Good job....

TheSellOut

Thanks Everyone! Your ideas, advice, and comments are greatly appreciated and weighed heavily as I look up to a lot of you in this forum!

I have tried the the logo straight up and down and it might be the gangsta in me:tongue: but I do like it with a little bit of a lean!

To me Serpentine was the coolest font when I first used it for my original logo and I thought about getting away from it in this new version. After customizing it a little more, by thinning it out, I have really fallen in love with it and think it is pretty unique!

Attachments

• HSC Final.jpg
    HSC Final.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 177
Last edited:

Malkin

That capital S looks so much better. That letter is usually the biggest weakness in that font.

Slick!

Biker Scout

My only concern right off the bat is that your "H" compass doesn't fit your business model or target audience. Are you a map maker or a land survey company?

I understand trying to get a ligature for a brand mark, but changing logos mid stream to something that is totally foreign needs to have some visual continuity. At least something that says, "Hey that looks like a new company in town... oh wait, is that Heath Signs? Ah, I get it... new look for them! Cool!"

It's a very nice logo however. Serpentine is sooo 90's.

iSign

I like the customization of the "S", but I think the top cross bar should be extended to align with the right-most part of the rest of the S.

I think the arrows in your new logo are fine without being an arrow making business.

I like the slant to the left.

I can relate to an inexplicable love for some old, worn out font you are always used to seeing your business name in.

TheSellOut

My only concern right off the bat is that your "H" compass doesn't fit your business model or target audience. Are you a map maker or a land survey company?

Ah, compass...that is kind of what I was going for! Signs in general guide you places, much like a compass, or actually point out what something is...you are here! This might also be my new tag line "You are Here".

TheSellOut

The one with the arrows looks like a straight copy cat from a big channel letter manufacturer.

I just searched Channel letter manufacturers and I think I found the one you mean, Direct. "a straight copy cat", C'mon now are you serious...I'll give you that it's somewhat similar because of the arrows, but that's it.

And here's one final rendition, this is it I promise! Which one do you guys like better?!

Attachments

• HSC Final.jpg
    HSC Final.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 167

Dan Antonelli

Original with Myriad :)

You should add a tagline that references change or direction; ie. "Taking your business in a new direction."
Edited to add - that S is really really bothering me in the Serpentine edit...

astro8

It looks good but looks a bit mechanical....the logo a bit complex but maybe that's the look you're after?

I liked your first ones with Myriad but it needed a bit more punch.

Where you're at now looks pretty good, the S isn't that bad but this is the way I'd go about it...

Attachments

• heath.jpg
    heath.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 161