• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Logo design before and after.

Jillbeans

New coffee shop coming to town. I have done signs for the owner before, not for a business but for an association he belonged to. His wife is a great baker and they are opening a nice new construction coffee shop up the street.

When they emailed regarding signs, they sent me the logo, which he had designed in Illustrator. I couldn't help it. I told him he needed a more effective logo. His wife agreed. based on what they had, I came up with this. They are really pleased with it.

Love....Jill

(theirs is the one with the headless guy)

Attachments

• Coffee Shop Logo.jpg
    Coffee Shop Logo.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 99
  • arrogant2final.jpg
    arrogant2final.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 118
C

ColoPrinthead

Nice work as always and a great improvement. It's nice to see people push for better work rather than just reproduce and collect. :rock-n-roll:

Moze

Precision Sign Services
Looks nice, Jill!

What were they thinking with the headless guy?? lol

visual800

I spotted hers before blowing pics up. People need to learn not just fonts but colors make a design also.....red and yellow sucks on this type biz

Dennis422

I was a bit disappointed when I saw the revised logo :(

But , then I read what you wrote and realized it is "After and Before" and not "before and after" as you said in the title

Great job!!!

Dennis422

One thing that I would maybe change is the horizontal line under Arrogant.
I would love to see it touch the "g" or move it away a bit more from "g"

Right now, at least to me, there is a bit of "conflict" between the line and the letter. It looks like unfinished area.
Or at least, use round corners on the stroke or let the edge follow the contour of the "g".

Attachments

• Screen shot 2014-04-04 at 8.10.18 AM.png
    Screen shot 2014-04-04 at 8.10.18 AM.png
    287.8 KB · Views: 90
  • Screen shot2.png
    Screen shot2.png
    287.7 KB · Views: 116

Marlene

love it but would like to see the ampersand changed to the same font as the the lettering in that section as it asking for more attention than it deserves and draws my eye to it way too much

OldPaint

the ampersand for that font......sucks....and i like the difference between it and the text fonts.....i just woulda made it a little smaller........being taller then the text fonts makes it appear more prominent then it is.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Looks great and such a vast improvement from the original. I kinda like the ampersand being different. I do a lot of that, too. Possibly making the name a tad bolder, might lessen the need to change the font on the ampersand. Also, I like space between the letters and the rule.

Overall, great job.

Jillbeans

Painted it on their wall inside yesterday.
The client was so thrilled that she actually cried. I tweaked the rule line here.

Attachments

• abpaint.jpg
    abpaint.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 120

vid

What a vast change from the customer's original concept. To close it out with a painted sign is awesome. I can only imagine that it adds that much more charm to the environment.

Nice work!