• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Logo design five dollar

MindsEyeOpen

So how many of you are going to try this just for fun? Some people do some pretty crazy stuff for 5 bucks.

I'm gonna try it as soon as I get home. It should at least be $5 worth of laughs once I post it on here. Either that or $5 worth of several of us saying "Damn... I need to let them do all my logos from now on..." :tongue:

signswi

I actually use Fiverr all the time but not for spec design work, as I am Not That Guy and respect the design industry too much. Same problem as with 99designs just magnified: you're not getting a designed logo, you're getting a graphic shoehorned to fit your spec, that you probably can't trademark and most likely isn't original and good chance is actually a direct ripoff from a real logo designer (I can post case studies...).

There are more marketplaces like Fiverr, Fiverr is just the biggest and the first to prove the concept in a major way. For example: http://www.fourerr.com/

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
The $5.00 is just the teaser to get your cc info. Logo comes complete with malware and bots, perhaps.

JB

weareryan

Moonlighting

It's whatever they can knock out in their spare time. I imagine they check their emails, knock out $10 worth of beer money design at the end of the day, and then hit the TV.

At least that's how I'd do it.

I know plenty of people where 5 minutes of their time would be worth $5. Probably plenty on this forum that could beat a lot of 'designers' with 5 minutes of their time - and they wouldn't mind the $60 an hour.

CentralSigns

They come from some third world country. The average family there lives on less than $2 a day. The designer wants to do better, he somehow gets a computer and steals software. If he sells 2 designs a week he lives better than his neighbor, 15(2 a day) he lives like a king. That's my thoughts !!

JoshLoring

So for s's and giggles I ordered one. I couldnt help but laugh as I wrote the description because I used all the terms people throw at me when they don't know what they want. Should be 3-4 days out.

Let's just say they are gonna have a hard time making something that I described.

The joy 5$ can bring a person...

JTBoh

I sell signage and signage accessories.
They come from some third world country. The average family there lives on less than $2 a day. The designer wants to do better, he somehow gets a computer and steals software. If he sells 2 designs a week he lives better than his neighbor, 15(2 a day) he lives like a king. That's my thoughts !!

I'm just imagining the guy's kids on a hamster-wheel generator and him yelling "FASTER FASTER, IT'S RENDERING".

JoshLoring

UPDATE:
Ya.. My 5 dollar logo was HORRID.
The guy even tried again and when I told him how bad it was he offered to refund. I gave him the 5 anyhow. Poor guy.

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
It seems cool to me. $5 might get you a starting point with someone else's point of view. There are all kinds of stuff you can get done on there for $5. Might have a Happy Birthday video made for a friend.

From the sellers point of view, let's say you worked hourly at a day job, you might bring home around $80-100 a day. Head home, design 5 mediocre logos or transcribe a few pages or whatever and go to bed. That might take you another hour, and you could add 20% to your income...here in the US easily.

I don't expect you would get a professional to do much work, but someone who knows what they are doing. It could easily lead to a large paying gig too.