• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Logo for girl motorcycle racer

785graphics

Recently did a logo/branding for an upcoming female motorcycle racer..

Critique away :)

Attachments

• amy.jpg
    amy.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 143
Last edited by a moderator:

signgal

um... i think they are all variations on the same logo guys and i like it. i get the knitting irony and love the hot pink and a skull? hello? she races motorcycles! Did she love it?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
And here I thought Amy liked cats..........

From these...... the last one.

Is it your aim that you want Amy to appear mean with cross bones or whatever they are and a skull kinda feel and dark colors with a touch of femininity for kicks or is that the way of female motorcycle racers these days ??

Not being funny, just a quick insight as to how a mind like this ticks........

GoodPeopleFlags

I didn't realize it was knitting needles and yarn until I read more. I thought it looked like a bee with a skull head or something. I'm sorry but I don't like it at all. It's all over the place.

785graphics

Yep she loves knitting... Wanted a skull.. with knitting needles. That actually is one of the morepopular racer fonts. This is sportbike racing not Harleys. I race myself ( 7eighty5.com) and yep the pink and black are in. Flames are very very out. Take a look at the AMA pro grid no flames there. Seems like the retro thing is coming back or will be shortly if I can help it. Lol

785graphics

Looking at the skull again I can see how it looks off. It was hand drawn in illustrator cs4. Still working on getting it to look like a Girly skull

TresL

google "skull with bow" then go to images
I have done several things that are closer to these for girls that race.

Skull with pink bow, some cartoon, some crazy evil looking.
Just depends on the girl.

Bigdawg

Just Me
I like it but my knitting needles don't look like that at all. (and yes I do knit - so there :biggrin:) All mine are flat on the end... these look like those things you put in honey...

And for goodness sakes' try to find a font besides Hobo...

Jillbeans

Agree with Stacy, those are weird looking knitting needles.
I also do not like the shape of the eyes at all, or the gradient in them.
Try making normal shaped sockets with just a small pink circle in them.
It makes me sad to hear that Hobo is becoming trendy again.
I group that into other 70s fonts that should have been left in the 70s.
I do love pink and black together, but not as a gradient.

I would go a completely different direction.
I would make a side-view screaming skull, facing left, knitting needles piercing the forehead and trailing a string of tattered yarn out the back. I would put the name up close to the open mouth of the skull.
I think bows have been done too many times with skulls, and I can't fathom a skull with eyelashes.
Love....Jill

TresL

"I would make a side-view screaming skull, facing left, knitting needles piercing the forehead and trailing a string of tattered yarn out the back. I would put the name up close to the open mouth of the skull."

You are evil! :)
That would be crazy and cool looking.

signage

Those things you have a knitting needles look more like (honey dipper) utensil for getting honey out of jars!