• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Logo help

Jackflush

Gorgor
The client isnt asking for a new logo but I cant stand looking at it anymore. Do you folks think you can put up an idea that just revamps it. Some fonts at least that are much more serious. Any help will be much appreciated and shot straight to a sweet karma card. Thanks in advance.

BTW thats Engravers MT and Papyrus...

Attachments

• the bride logo.jpg
    the bride logo.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 161
Last edited:

decalman

It needs a styling cursive on one of the words, either Bride or Church to liven it up.
It would be nice if they could add some more copy to it so it doesn't look like such dry bones. Who wants to go to a dry bone church? Ask if you can throw the word " Ministry in, then you can cursive it, and have more room for the re-arranging. :smile:

TimToad

The client isnt asking for a new logo but I cant stand looking at it anymore. Do you folks think you can put up an idea that just revamps it. Some fonts at least that are much more serious. Any help will be much appreciated and shot straight to a sweet karma card. Thanks in advance.

BTW thats Engravers MT and Papyrus...

I don't think its only a matter of font choice. When designing anything, I like to know a little context and purpose before working something up.

What kind of church is it?
Peaceful?
Loving?
Accepting of all?
Modern?
Traditional?
Fire and Brimstone?
Exclusive?

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Dump Papyrus for starters. Hate that font as much as Comic Sans.

Pat Whatley

Dump the whole thing, no point in revamping what never should have been vamped in the first place.

Attachments

• bride church.jpg
    bride church.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 144
  • bride 2.jpg
    bride 2.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 134

Jackflush

Gorgor
Loving church.... like a loving bride i reckon. (I vaguely remember the type)

Yes papyrus is one of those fonts. Like Ive seen it one time too much.

+thumbs up on the qoute... "do not vamp what should have never been vamped in the first place"

nice and clean... can you ID the styley font with the tan cross?

Last edited:

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
This font will make any artwrk look good, the font named "some weatz"

One can only hope that you're jesting. The particular mess called "some weatz" is something that might be used on a wedding invitation at a home for the mentally indisposed. It's the product of a 10th rate talent working at full capacity. I say 10th rate because I can't conceive of an 11th. Ghastly.

rossmosh

The only feedback I can give is if you're a sign shop designer, your work should be designed so that it can be used in signs. Can your example be cut and put on a wall? If it can't, then you have to question whether it's a valid logo design.