• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions looking for new grommet machine

bigben

Right now I'm using a manual grommet machine. It's great but after a while it start to be hard on the arm. We do not make alot of banners but sometime we got jobs that require doing grommets a whole day. So what is the next step after a manual machine? I would like to figure if the expense could be justifiable.

Thanks.

2B

JBurton

Signtologist
Are the hiker machines really 6x easier than the stimpson?
I've got a stimpson, it's starting to get to where I gotta press the crap out of a grommet to get it to stop spinning. I'd swear it was a million times easier, but that could be rose colored glasses as we went from a hammer and die to the machine. At any rate, do you know if the machine is just out of adjustment?

bigben

Are the hiker machines really 6x easier than the stimpson?
I've got a stimpson, it's starting to get to where I gotta press the crap out of a grommet to get it to stop spinning. I'd swear it was a million times easier, but that could be rose colored glasses as we went from a hammer and die to the machine. At any rate, do you know if the machine is just out of adjustment?
I'm wondering the same thing. I had the impression it was easier to use it few years back. Maybe it has something to do with the die or the grommets? Not sure.

JBurton

Signtologist
I'm wondering the same thing. I had the impression it was easier to use it few years back. Maybe it has something to do with the die or the grommets? Not sure.
I actually wondered down to my grommet machine after posting, pulled up the instructions for changing dies, and adjusted the bolt and jam nut to where it said, and it sunk right down in one squeeze. Mine is a stimpson, fwiw.