• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking for this.........................................

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Customer came in with this. It's 10.5" wide and 47" tall. He can go to 12" wide.

I've tried several places and nobody has ever heard of the size.

Any ideas ??

Attachments

• 20230711_085734.jpg
    20230711_085734.jpg
    900.8 KB · Views: 303

Johnny Best

There was a guy from West Virginia who use to advertise in Sign of the Times and SignWeb who built those odd sizes of metal frames. His name skips my mind right now.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
If ya can zoom in, it has spring clips and all the things the regular sizes have. I've tried bull, lowens and another one all said they never heard of such a thing.

Thanks all.

BigNate

If ya can zoom in, it has spring clips and all the things the regular sizes have. I've tried bull, lowens and another one all said they never heard of such a thing.

Thanks all.
when I zoom in on some of the welds on your sample, they look kinda rough - not a problem for the application, but maybe an indication that this was not from a major producer - someone could have just made it in their garage... is it that hard to weld up some more to the size you need?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
The customer has access to welding and doesn't wanna waste his time. I'm about ready to tell him, not possible from a wholesaler for a decent price. He only wants 20.

BigNate

The customer has access to welding and doesn't wanna waste his time. I'm about ready to tell him, not possible from a wholesaler for a decent price. He only wants 20.
if he has a welding shop, draw up some plans, have a significant other get a quote from his shop, then mark it up a bit and submit it back to him.... if it works out he will be paid to weld, and not just a waste of time, and you get frames to sell to the customer! Win-win.... Or just price it high enough so his time-to-money ratio makes it worth fabricating his own frame. (did he make the first one? the one with the splatter around the welds...)

Gino

Premium Subscriber
No, he didn't make them..... said he stole them from a remax junk pile. He has welding at his home and he's the top maintenance guy for this company. He's 78 and doesn't wanna make them.

BigNate

No, he didn't make them..... said he stole them from a remax junk pile. He has welding at his home and he's the top maintenance guy for this company. He's 78 and doesn't wanna make them.
gotta respect a guy who knows what he does and doesn't wanna do!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I can think of lotsa things I wanna do and not wanna do, but I still hafta take orders and get it right. :noway: