• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Looks like black ink is pooling to edges of small dots.

Jharris81

So I am trying to recreate a vehicle graphic for a guy and have the design down but can’t get us to print clean enough. I am printing on a Roland xc-540 with Gerber metallic cast vinyl with the generic cast vinyl profile selected for the print below. I have tried different profiles but they don’t change the outcome. The idea is to print this black gradient and then laminate and install on the vehicle.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 267

White Haus

Not a Newbie
Are you printing in High Quality 720x1440?

I'd try that, and if need be slow down the head speed.
You'll need a high pass count + slow head speed in order for the ink to lay down smoothly on that material.

Worst case scenario, you could always try using 3M IJ180mC-120 (Basically digital version of 220 metallic silver with air-release)

Jharris81

Are you printing in High Quality 720x1440?

I'd try that, and if need be slow down the head speed.
You'll need a high pass count + slow head speed in order for the ink to lay down smoothly on that material.

Worst case scenario, you could always try using 3M IJ180mC-120 (Basically digital version of 220 metallic silver with air-release)
I have never slowed the head speed down so I’m not sure how to do that but it is running 720x1440 in versaworks with I think 8 passes.

weyandsign

In Versaworks under Quality you can check the box that says ignore default settings, and change head speed to a lower number like 700 mm/s or something. You could also try selecting Overprint 2 times.

Aaron Hunter

Your initial picture looked almost like over spray caused by static. If you want to return to normal print speeds, look into your ambient humidity.

Jharris81

Your initial picture looked almost like over spray caused by static. If you want to return to normal print speeds, look into your ambient humidity.
Well we are in an air conditioned area. I haven’t ever looked into the humidity in the area but I will get something to check what it is at.