• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looks like Sports Illustrated has started doing their own graphics to save a buck

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Brooks-Nader.jpg

Jo Hill

My goodness.. maybe they ordered the decals from a third party vendor and the guy who installed them on site did not know what he was doing and didn’t have any backup decals.. unless those are the backups.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
My goodness.. maybe they ordered the decals from a third party vendor and the guy who installed them on site did not know what he was doing and didn’t have any backup decals.. unless those are the backups.
Aside from the lovely young woman in the barely there dress that back-drop is all kinds of jacked up.
Those mismatched patches of turf on the bottom look like something you'd see in a flea market display.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Well, this was a fun little exercise, but it seems as if they've been using that same backdrop for a number of years and the same bubbles are in it year after year. I guess the sign doesn't get much sun, huh ??

Wayne, I'm still trying to figure out what made you discover that ?? You must be numb................ :confused:

OADesign

WOW. I stress over stuff like this. Daily. I know. ish happens. But I CANNOT fathom how someone let this slide.
I bet the event planner said, "Why is it so expensive? It's just a sticker. Please revise your work order to remove install... We will do the install ourselves..." :D

Last edited:

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Well, this was a fun little exercise, but it seems as if they've been using that same backdrop for a number of years and the same bubbles are in it year after year. I guess the sign doesn't get much sun, huh ??

Wayne, I'm still trying to figure out what made you discover that ?? You must be numb................ :confused:
Gino, not sure why this headline caught my eye:

"Sports Illustrated Model Brooks Nader Wears See-Through Dress To Awards Show"

Could be it is 5am here, I am printing out monument wraps that have to go up later today, I have the FISA report hearings on in the background & today is my 60th birthday.
One day I will grow up, but today is not that day....

wayne k
guam usa

Andy_warp

Looks rough, you venture a pretty good guess...
My guess is nepotism.

The one that gets me is when we have someone order a backlit sign for a photo-op backdrop!