• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Maya Software Conversion

jaylem

Client has a design that had been built in Maya. Client's former designer no longer works in Maya and has left the client holding the bag. Anyone ever convert Maya to PS, AI, or Flexi?

J Hill Designs

it looks like, if they still have access to maya, they can export as an .obj and import into photoshop to use with its 3d tools

Logoadv

Maya is a 3D animation and rendering program, so you are unlikely to get usable vector objects out of it. You can export flat curves in some instances, but it really depends on the design and what you plan on doing with it in terms of modification. Importing into photoshop will at the very least let you move objects around, but I don't think it will handle textures or lighting nearly as well. Other than basic extrusions on text, I've yet to find a use for photoshop's 3d tools in relation to any sign projects. I have seen 3d vehicle wrap templates though and I'd like to give those a try at some point.