• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Media Help Please

Berferful

We have a Roland sp-540. I have to print full color 36"x48" maps and then fold them by hand down to 9"x8". Can anyone recommend a substrate thin enough that would be compatible with a Roland printer?

Thank you

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
You don't really wanna fold eco-sol printed media down that small. The thinest stuff is all adhesive backed. All the papers for it are too thick to fold that small. The thin poly stuff they have for retractable banner stands won't fold & stay either. It's the wrong product for that printer.

Berferful

I was afraid of that. We got rid of our HP dye based printer when we got the Roland and this is the first glitch I've run into.

Anybody on the list able to print/plot 33 of these?

AllSquare Jason

You could try polypropylene - Sihl's SyntiSol Rocks. Thinner than paper, stronger than paper and water resistant too. Not sure how it would fold though (not at the office). I will check on Monday - If you want a 36" x 16' sample email/pm me.