• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mesh Banners

Clear Choice

I have a customer asking about mesh banners....
so far, from what I have seen, they cost about
double.

These will be outside at least 6 months if not a year.

Are they worth it?
Does the design lose some detail?

TIA

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Why do they want mesh? Where is going up on? Mesh is great for high wind applications and fence applications, its alot more then banner material.

Clear Choice

Why do they want mesh? Where is going up on? Mesh is great for high wind applications and fence applications, its alot more then banner material.

It is a car dealership and they will be hanging the banners up between two telephone poles. They asked for wind slits in regular banner material
and I suggested using the mesh.....I didn't know at the time the mesh was twice the cost. I doubt they will be willing to pay that much.

Sue

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Well the material is only going to cost you pennies compared to the dollars your charging the client. Your mesh cost is only about $0.30-$0.40 a sq.ft so you will still be able to make good money off it, or you can outsource it so your not stuck with a bunch of left over media. Getting printed mesh for $2.00 is not unheard of

Clear Choice

you can outsource it so your not stuck with a bunch of left over media. Getting printed mesh for $2.00 is not unheard of

Yes, I would be outsourcing it...the best price I have found is $2.50 a sq.ft. The turn-around time is also a consideration...my customers are always in a hurry.

Thanks!

raider

I'm doing the layout work for a YMCA for sponsor banners and they're having them printed, but struggling with their Vista Print account. If a member who prints these type of banners will contact me, I offer to provide them a turnkey service and they can do their "Y" thing instead of trying to create/design/layout/contract print a banner.

CS-SignSupply-TT

When using MESH banner material, make sure the design incorporates bold, solid colors. Otherwise, because the banner lacks a backdrop, phortorealistic images will look "washed out"