• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

micro feed uneven on VJ-1604

chrismccray

my 500mm microfeed check measures 500mm on the right side of the printer, and 499 on the left side. this is giving me banding on the left side only. very frustrating. any ideas on how to fix this or work around it? figures, it happens on columbus day when mutoh is closed! :banghead:

randya

Columbus Day?

We are open today,

Short term you should probably average these out.
Load your media in the center.

And check your media loading, by placing a piece of tape on the heater part way under the media.
Draw a mark on it and feed about 6 ft of media out, it should stay on the mark.

Last edited:

henryp

Try loading a sheet instead then re-do the PF Calibration and see if you get the same result. A sheet will rule out media supply or take-up unit issues if there is one installed on the printer.

chrismccray

thanks, i'll try straightening up my loading of the material. for some reason when i called mutoh the message i got was that they were closed for columbus day... weird. didn't even think about it already happening