• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Mimaki cg130fxII

xtreme872

I have a brand new mimaki cutter. I Am having Trouble getting the cutter to pick up registration marks on my prints from my cjv150. It will pick them up and cut fine on sorter prints around 4-5’ long. But on 8’ or longer runs it won’t read the marks most of the time. If it does it takes multiple times for it to read and when it does it cuts off. I have tried in fine cut as well as flexi. Is there any way to add intermediate marks in the middle. I feel this would take care of the issue. Flexi has the option for this but the cutter doesn’t seem too. At this point I am wishing I would have purchased a graphtec. Anyone else having this trouble?

ChicagoGraphics

I use to have the CG160FX, was able to contour cut full rolls but was using the cutter software that came with the cutter used with Illustrator.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
You have to use the recommended mark size. When you go to make the crop marks there will be a little note that says how big the mark should be. The longer the print, the bigger the mark needs to be so it doesn't miss it.

unclebun

On our CG130FX it's extremely sensitive to how straight you load the vinyl in the plotter. You have to fiddle with it until it's straight enough on long cuts to be able to read the cutter marks.

xtreme872

The marks now are huge... I have to fiddle with it to to get it straight,.. My point as much as this thing cost I should not have o load and reload something multiple time to pick up marks.. I never had this trouble with my previous cutter

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The marks now are huge... I have to fiddle with it to to get it straight,.. My point as much as this thing cost I should not have o load and reload something multiple time to pick up marks.. I never had this trouble with my previous cutter

It should work as you expect. I am willing to bet the sensor sensitivity was never adjusted and that may be why it's having a hard time picking them up. Take a look at the user manual and look up the section where it tells you how to calibrate the sensor.