• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Mimaki CJV 150-107 magenta blockage help

PW66

Having trouble with magenta channel on CJV150 (8 colour, C,M,Y,K,lc,lm,lk, Or).
Machine about 30 months old.
Head replaced under warrenty by the UK distributor about 120 metres ago. (I assume the replacement head was new but can't guarantee it!)
ss21 ink (genuine)

When I switch on in the morning half of the magenta is missing. It sort of comes back after a few cleans but not 100% - see pic.
Seems to print ok as long as I keep printing with it but when I stop to cut it then starts banding badly when I resume printing (half of the nozzles are missing again when I do a test print). The problem started suddenly about 10 days ago.

Humidity is high at over 80% but I can get this down to about 52% with a dehumidifier when printing. High humidity sort of coincides with the start of the problem...
Ink was old - coming to the end of the two month expiry window - so I replaced it a few days ago. Might still be some of the old ink in tubes, but not much.
The cap looks good but I have ordered another to replace it with. It looks centred on the head ok.
Performed a couple of 99 min nozzle washes but no improvement yet.

I am hoping it isn't the head as it isn't very old, but fearing the worst.

If it isn't the head has anyone got any suggestions of what it could be and what I should do?
I am considering some long nozzle washes and some hard cleans, but I don't see the point until the new cap arrives.

202 (2).jpg

Neil

The fact that the magenta comes back tells me it's not the head (electrically), but I'd have a good look at it from underneath to see if you can see anything.
Clean the bottom of the head and around it, clean the cap. Clean and check the wiper. Replace the wiper if you have a new one.

PW66

Looking through this and other forums and FB pages lots of Mimaki users seem to have problems with SS21 magenta causing head blockages (more so than any other colour).
Does Mimaki have a problem with their magenta ink or is there a general problem with all brands of magenta?