• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Mimaki CJV150-75

therealboss

I have a mimaki cjv150-75 sitting there idle and would like to convert it to DTF. I need help for the parameters and software to use

Thanks in advance

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I have a feeling it's more complicated than it's worth and/or not doable. Probably the easiest way would be to set it up to run SS21 inks and then put SS21 chips on your DTF inks. But in that case you will probably get unexpected printing results since the firmware and parameters are setup for SS21 inks and not specifically your ink. It could work in theory.

Mimaki does have a new DTF printer called the TXF300-75 which is basically your machine setup by Mimaki to run DTF inks. Perhaps you could somehow convert your machine into one of those but it's so new you'd be the first.

At the end of the day I think it would be an interesting hobby project but if you're looking to make money on it, it's probably just better to use it for small sticker runs or sell it.