• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki JFX-200 Double Sided Printing

Rickey J

Hey everyone! I have a new to me Mimaki JFX-200 and I am trying to print two-sided yard signs on a 4x8 sheet of corrugated plastic. Then I am running it through my Summa F1612. It seems like no matter what I do the image on the opposite side is off one way or another. Can anyone give me an idea of how they set up their jobs for two-sided printing?
Thank you,

Adam Vreeke

Knows just enough to get in a lot of trouble..
Print a very very small middle mark in your file. Once printed, put a slight slice right on line. Put a piece of tape on the bed of table and mark center line with a pen. Now when you flip over just line the center slit up with the center mark on the table. Hasn't failed me yet.

This does require very precise document setup, so just be sure artwork is exactly centered. First run will be going <-- then next run will be --> that way. Hope it makes sense!

EDIT: Only pin the 96" side so you can slide board side to side and trust the center mark.

Rickey J

Print a very very small middle mark in your file. Once printed, put a slight slice right on line. Put a piece of tape on the bed of table and mark center line with a pen. Now when you flip over just line the center slit up with the center mark on the table. Hasn't failed me yet.

This does require very precise document setup, so just be sure artwork is exactly centered. First run will be going <-- then next run will be --> that way. Hope it makes sense!

EDIT: Only pin the 96" side so you can slide board side to side and trust the center mark.
Adam,
I got a small mark in the middle of the file. I get that part I am not sure about the rest. Can you go further into detail? Sorry.

Adam Vreeke

Knows just enough to get in a lot of trouble..
Machine setup:

Put 2 pins in on the 96" side.
Put sheet on table, pinning it against the 2 pins
Get your 0,0 sheet corner as close to the 0,0 mark of printable area on the table.
Print your sheet.

Once printing is done, find your printed mark on your sheet.
Get a piece of masking tape and put it right below your mark, but put the tape on the black part of your table, you do not want the tape to move.
Eye your printed mark up, and put a mark on the tape as close as you can. to being dead on.
Once you have both marks, I take a knife and put the smallest slit into the material. This is so when you flip the material over you know where your center mark is.
Flip material over the long way.
Line up the cut center mark with the drawn center mark
Make sure material is tight against pins and center marks match.

Print your file, but make sure it is flipped 180 degrees.

What this achieves is since we are pinning it on the same side we are taking out any skew the material may have, and if the material is over, or under 4', you are still printing it the same on both sides. This is also important that you have your artwork exactly centered on your sheet and in your document. If you print with the top of the board on the right side of your machine on the first side, the top of the board will be on the left side of your machine on your second side.

Rickey J

Machine setup:

Put 2 pins in on the 96" side.
Put sheet on table, pinning it against the 2 pins
Get your 0,0 sheet corner as close to the 0,0 mark of printable area on the table.
Print your sheet.

Once printing is done, find your printed mark on your sheet.
Get a piece of masking tape and put it right below your mark, but put the tape on the black part of your table, you do not want the tape to move.
Eye your printed mark up, and put a mark on the tape as close as you can. to being dead on.
Once you have both marks, I take a knife and put the smallest slit into the material. This is so when you flip the material over you know where your center mark is.
Flip material over the long way.
Line up the cut center mark with the drawn center mark
Make sure material is tight against pins and center marks match.

Print your file, but make sure it is flipped 180 degrees.

What this achieves is since we are pinning it on the same side we are taking out any skew the material may have, and if the material is over, or under 4', you are still printing it the same on both sides. This is also important that you have your artwork exactly centered on your sheet and in your document. If you print with the top of the board on the right side of your machine on the first side, the top of the board will be on the left side of your machine on your second side.
Okay, I see where you are going with this. Let me give it a go. I will let you know shortly.

Modern Ink Signs

Premium Subscriber
We use iCut software to sent up the file(s) for production. So the work flow is…

Setup file
Send to rip
Print side a
Flip
Print side b
Cut

That simple. That and square cut coro!