• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki JV150-130 just shut down

gabagoo

I had just got back in the print room and was sitting at my desk reading an email and then the printer made a beep and these messages appeared... I also turned off the main power for about 30 minutes but she's dead.
any idea what these mean and how much it's gonna cost?

Attachments

• IMG_3633.jpg
    IMG_3633.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_3634.jpg
    IMG_3634.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_3636.jpg
    IMG_3636.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 73

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
You most likely had a power surge that fried a couple things. The first thing to check is that the power supplies are outputting the proper power. They most likely are but it's worth checking.

Other than that, you're going to have to throw parts at it unfortunately. It could be the I/O board, main board, and/or slider board that is damaged. I've seen this same issue happen in other machines and it ended up being all 3 that needed to be replaced.

The I/O and Main boards are each around $1k. The Slider board is around $500. You might need a cable if any are damaged but they are generally cheaper.

If you can find someone to look at the boards and repair it might be fixable that way but I've never heard of anyone succeeding so far.

Smoke_Jaguar

The boards are pretty widely used across models, they just require parameters to be set. If push comes to shove, I have a couple donor printers with good boards (blown heads) and might have some that'll work. Wouldn't be the first time I've loaned out similar parts for troubleshooting sake.

gabagoo

Been a week so far..tech found that one of the power supplies was not giving out the proper power. He said it was 280 to replace and I said to proceed. I knew in the back of my mind that even though it might need replacing, we were not going to be resolved and now we have to replace the IO board. Luckily Mimaki's Canadian head office is only a mile or so away from here and he managed to borrow an IO board to test it. The printer started up fine but now we get the open cover message and cant seem to figure out why...maybe it's that loaner board...but anyhow we are slowly getting there although my work load is starting to build up. Luckily my screen printer has a jv100 around the corner, so I can run the odd job on that but that machine has all of 2 profiles so I have to be careful what I run. Retirement is looking better and better these days