• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki Print Vinyl

Artist369

So earlier this year we bought a new Mimaki printer, a JV 150-160. It came with 2 rolls of print vinyl and 2 rolls of laminate. The supplier we got the printer from said that they don't know much about the vinyl seeming how mimaki doesn't actually sell the vinyl, so they weren't sure the quality. I was wondering is anyone has used the vinyl before and had success with it.

jfiscus

Rap Master
When we've bought our last few printers from Epson they've all came with some demo (10yd?) rolls of 3M vinyls. Look in the cores and you should be able to tell what you have.

Artist369

This is a picture of the label on the laminate. There is nothing on the inside of the tube or on the liner.

Attachments

• IMG_20190607_154707.jpg
    IMG_20190607_154707.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 204

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Mimaki doesn't include vinyl with their printers so it had to come from your supplier. Not sure how they wouldn't know what they gave you!

Artist369

We got the printer from Tubelite. The rep said it came from Mimaki. That they were having some kind of deal.

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
Anyone selling you a printer should know a great deal about the associated media’s so there’s a red flag. As far as using the media is concerned, you don’t usually get any great stuff that’s not covered in logos so I’d assume it’s not tremendous.

Your best bet would be to find yourself a supplier, test a few media’s out and see what you like. If you ask here you’ll just get swamped with opinions. We’ve used pretty much everything and the only thing I can say for certain is you get what you pay for with vinyls!

equippaint

I hope you didnt buy the printer just to get the cheap sample vinyl? We have really good luck with tubelite and would consider them to be a top notch vendor. Just use the stuff for some giveaway stickers and dont worry about it. Its probably some cheap chinese monomeric vinyl anyways since its in mm.

OPENSignsInc.

We got a jv150-130 & cjv150-130 and we run 3M IJ180Cv3 with 8518 for wraps and high ends. Everything else we usually run oracal 3641 and laminate with 210