• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki slider lubrication (JFX200, possibly others)

LP_UV

These sliders have small hexagon zerk fittings on them - is there a special gun to use for this (with the special Mimaki grease) or do I just need to find one that fits?. I have the grease but thus far we have just been cleaning then re-greasing the rails directly. I would like to get the grease into the bearings as it was designed apparently.

Any input would be great -thanks!

Attachments

• mimaki-zerk.jpg
    mimaki-zerk.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 184

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Believe it or not, greasing the rail is not considered a regular maintenance item. It's not mentioned in any manual including the install, maintenance, and service manuals. It's something that should only be done if absolutely needed. My contact at Mimaki told me once that in the rare case that I would need to grease the rail, "Consider it a challenge to see how light a coat of lithium grease you can apply to it." So at the end of the day, you really shouldn't be needing to grease it as much as you seem to be.

LP_UV

Great feedback. That does seem to be the consensus is that it is not a regular maintenance task. I also do agree that 'less is more' in generally every type of lube job. And we actually do not do it much, however we have a couple of these machines that are pretty old and have clocked a lot of hours in a very dusty/dirty/unconditioned warehouse. Obviously grease is a dirt attractant so it is a balancing act to some degree. I may just end up changing out these slider units if I can get some new ones. I am guessing the bearings in them are worn a lot.

Thanks!