• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki with Flexi Cloud

31legen

I just upgraded to the cloud and there is an export button for Rasterlink. I have a CJV30 and Im having trouble with the printer finding my registration marks. I have set the thickness for my mark value to .039, which is the same as my machine indicates. Any help would be appreciated

Are the languages the same. What material. We have had problems with different materials before. Sometime some masking tape over the reg marks and re draw them yourself ontop of the masking. Works good for reflective materials.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Just curious... you have Flexi Cloud, why not print and cut from Flexi Cloud? Just trying to understand the logic of exporting from one RIP to another RIP. We run our Mimaki JV33, Summa cutter, Gerber Edge, etc all from Flexi. I have Rasterlink that came with the printer but have never even installed it.

31legen

Flexi and Mimaki

As far as I know, Flexi's production manager doesnt work with Mimaki Cutters. You have had to use illustrator or corel and finecut in the past.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Not sure on their cutters built into the printers but I know it works with their standalone CG series cutters - that's what we used to have. Cannot say that I've tried it but I just looked and the Mimaki CJV machines do show up as a device to be added in Production Manager under both vinyl cutters and hybrid devices so I'd think it would be supported.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Ah.... well that answers that. :wink: In that case I'm not really sure I could offer any tips. I'm not sure what sort of options or anything you get on the "send to rasterlink" screens are. One I would check if you see some option for "labels and marks" on the export/send to screens see what colors it is trying use. Maybe try black instead of all or all instead of black. I know it has that option on the RIP and Print dialogs if you are using the full Pro version with Production Manager. If I remember right our old Mimaki cutter we had used 4 L shaped marks and it was important for both the overall size and thickness of the marks to be correct.

31legen

Questions

So ive sorted it out. The issue is that i cant edit the registration mark size in rasterlink when i send a cut job and registration marks directly from flexi cloud. Therefore it sends the default rasterlink mark size to the cjv.