• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Monitor Problems, Flexi

washingtonsignguy

I just bought a new desktop with windows 7 and a samsung monitor. I have successfully installed flexi 8.0v3 and drivers. However, when i run flexi I have the circle problem. My circles are oval. It seems to be only with flexi which suggest it is a software issue. I have messed with the resolution and had no luck. Any suggestions?

gbarker

Did you install using the 'install as Windows XP' option or install directly to 7? Flexi 8.0 doesn't work well with 7 to my knowledge. I tried it with the release candidate trial version and didn't care for it. I went back to XP.

washingtonsignguy

I just went through the CDs install instructions, didnt do anything fancy. If i were to upgrade do you think this would fix the problem?

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I just went through the CDs install instructions, didnt do anything fancy. If i were to upgrade do you think this would fix the problem?

I am running flexi 8.6 under windows7 on a 23" screen at 1920x1080 and the circles look circular - not oval.

wayne k
guam usa

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
It may be that your monitor is not set to the correct proportions and is just more obvious in Flexisign. Do you have any other graphic application to compare it to?

One of our monitors, at its native resolution, also produces ovals so we calculated the size needed to be in proportion and entered it in as a custom resolution to our video card control panel. Fixed the problem ... but the disproportionate display was common to all applications.

Welcome to the forum BTW. We live in Florida now but we used to live down the road from you in Lacey.

washingtonsignguy

I will try that thanks fred. I am considering just upgrading my flexi, it sounds like that might fix the problem and then i would be all up to date.

Stealth Ryder

I just bought a new desktop with windows 7 and a samsung monitor. I have successfully installed flexi 8.0v3 and drivers. However, when i run flexi I have the circle problem. My circles are oval. It seems to be only with flexi which suggest it is a software issue. I have messed with the resolution and had no luck. Any suggestions?

Well, I don't know about circles & Ovals but I do know you should upgrade your software to 8.6v.2... 8.0v3 was not even supposed to work with Vista, much less Wndows 7... JMO

choucove

We have had no problems yet running Flexi Pro 8.0 on Windows 7. The problem that you are describing has been described before and seems to be an issue with the resolution settings.

What video graphics are you using in your computer? What is the native resolution of your monitor? What resolution are you currently set to using? These can all make a huge realm of difference. I would check for the latest drivers for your graphics, update if need be, and make sure the resolution is set properly. Additionally, if you are running multiple monitors on this computer by any chance, then you should be sure you doing your design work on Monitor1 in your settings for dual-monitor display.

Drip Dry

Seems to me the question is... is the problem with the monitor or something
with Flexi ?

If the problem is with the monitor, then when you draw a circle, say 1" x 1"
and you print it actual size or plot it, is it a 1" round circle.
If it's round, then it's a problem with the monitor. If not, then it is Flexi.
Not sure what to do once you determine where the problem is, but at least
you know what you need to fix.

washingtonsignguy

I just got my illustrator up and running and have the same problem, so it is with the monitor and not the software. I have cut a 1" circle and it is a true circle. The problem is my native reolution isnt shown as a option on windows 7. My graphics card driver is up to date, not sure what else to do.

choucove

I just got my illustrator up and running and have the same problem, so it is with the monitor and not the software. I have cut a 1" circle and it is a true circle. The problem is my native reolution isnt shown as a option on windows 7. My graphics card driver is up to date, not sure what else to do.

What is the model of your monitor? Should be able to do a search on google and find out what the native resolution for it is. You can also do a search on how to find your display resolution.

washingtonsignguy

Well I called samsung and they said that the graphics card would not support the native resolution for my monitor. Nice huh, $200.00 later got a new monitor and problem is fixed. Thanks anyways guys.