• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions Motocross Design Templates - Some suggestions?

mcngrafix

Hi there,

So i have just started up my new business making graphics for MX bikes and Im looking into buying a bundle pack of templates. I have found a bundle pack that includes over 250 MX and ATV templates from (AndDesign) - AndDesign / MX Templates

The price seems cheap so has anyone bought off these before and what are the template quality like?
I have read their ebay shop feedback and most people say they are good but then some people were not satisfied.

Any help would be appriciated
Thanks

ProPDF

It's a garbage set. It's a combined mix of a few decent templates with a majority of bad templates and templates incorrectly organized. You will spend more time re-designing-re-printing and re-shipping if you try to base your new business venture off them. Make your own templates if you want to survive...if not you will find yourself starting a new company after trial and error with the wrath of the negative reviews you will get. Get you some used cheap plastics on eBay to make templates from if your customers are not giving you their bikes.

mcngrafix

It's a garbage set. It's a combined mix of a few decent templates with a majority of bad templates and templates incorrectly organized. You will spend more time re-designing-re-printing and re-shipping if you try to base your new business venture off them. Make your own templates if you want to survive...if not you will find yourself starting a new company after trial and error with the wrath of the negative reviews you will get. Get you some used cheap plastics on eBay to make templates from if your customers are not giving you their bikes.
Have you bought them?

Adrenalinemisfit

I bought that pack from them. I'm still testing the templates out. For the most part they are decent. I made a full kit on my bike and the only issue was the exhaust side number plate didn't match up. But as cheap as they are its a good start, better than starting from scratch. I have been offering guys that I ride with, kits for there bike at cost for letting me check fit and seeing how they like them. Seems to be very good feed back so far.
Good luck!

ProPDF

We bought that package. We bought some templates from moto sports patentagosse mentioned and the hunts templates package. I attached an example of a KX125/250 front number plate you would get in that package (it's actually a stolen hunts template) . You can see how horrible it has been drawn out, now you might say not a big deal I could clean that up. You are right.....but there was not full attention to detail put into the templates nor did they even know how to make templates correctly. It gets much worse though with their incorrect labeling and resizing. Some pieces look like the right size but someone along the lines resized some of them incorrectly.

Can you buy the package and make use of them? Sure you can if you want to play around...however the process for checking if they fit right is really close in time consumption to just making your own templates the right way. Your best bet is to buy old junk plastics on eBay...scrub them down and get to work. You won't have any fear when selling them. You will know when a customer screams at you and puts you on blast if they are telling the truth or they screwed up the install process...which happens a lot and people try to come back with threatening for free replacements or poor review. The exhaust panels are the ones we have to reprint a lot of because people can't install them properly.

The reality is this and it's been said in this forum before over and over again for a reason. Do it right or go do something else. Every Tom, Dick and washed out Moto Larry used to be local pro rider wants in the business but many of them quickly find out it's very very time consuming to do CORRECTLY.

What we found is there is one company making decent templates and they are not in the US and no it's not moto sport templates which are junk also. The company makes them and all these other template hacks buy re-organize and re-sell. So some of the newer stuff is actually better because they are not stolen hunts templates anymore.

Good luck with everything.

Attachments

• EXAMPLE.jpg
    EXAMPLE.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 2,128
Last edited:

mcngrafix

We bought that package. We bought some templates from moto sports patentagosse mentioned and the hunts templates package. I attached an example of a KX125/250 front number plate you would get in that package (it's actually a stolen hunts template) . You can see how horrible it has been drawn out, now you might say not a big deal I could clean that up. You are right.....but there was not full attention to detail put into the templates nor did they even know how to make templates correctly. It gets much worse though with their incorrect labeling and resizing. Some pieces look like the right size but someone along the lines resized some of them incorrectly.

Can you buy the package and make use of them? Sure you can if you want to play around...however the process for checking if they fit right is really close in time consumption to just making your own templates the right way. Your best bet is to buy old junk plastics on eBay...scrub them down and get to work. You won't have any fear when selling them. You will know when a customer screams at you and puts you on blast if they are telling the truth or they screwed up the install process...which happens a lot and people try to come back with threatening for free replacements or poor review. The exhaust panels are the ones we have to reprint a lot of because people can't install them properly.

The reality is this and it's been said in this forum before over and over again for a reason. Do it right or go do something else. Every Tom, Dick and washed out Moto Larry used to be local pro rider wants in the business but many of them quickly find out it's very very time consuming to do CORRECTLY.

What we found is there is one company making decent templates and they are not in the US and no it's not moto sport templates which are junk also. The company makes them and all these other template hacks buy re-organize and re-sell. So some of the newer stuff is actually better because they are not stolen hunts templates anymore.

Good luck with everything.
Thanks for the message. I think im going to go with my other option and buy this other bundle I have found who are actually a company in the UK called (The Thick Stuff) who are owned by www.allprint.co.uk I rang them up and they seemed pretty comfident and they say they make all of their templates from scratch but the price is £485 and there are most bikes on their but no ATV bike at all which isn't an issue as I could buy seperate. I know there is a massive price difference but I would rather go for the more expensive option and that way there is a lot more chance that the templates are good!

Tattoosleeve

Thanks for the message. I think im going to go with my other option and buy this other bundle I have found who are actually a company in the UK called (The Thick Stuff) who are owned by www.allprint.co.uk I rang them up and they seemed pretty comfident and they say they make all of their templates from scratch but the price is £485 and there are most bikes on their but no ATV bike at all which isn't an issue as I could buy seperate. I know there is a massive price difference but I would rather go for the more expensive option and that way there is a lot more chance that the templates are good!

How Did this work out for you? I'm looking for a new place to get templates to service our MX wrap (finished product) customers. Motosports templates cut us off from ordering because we've launched our own line of templates. Mostly for snowmobile right now but we'll be doing more machines over time. Will be about a month or so before we have all of them uploaded but will upload each one as we go through and set them up for ideal use upon download. I've worked hard to create a product that makes sense and is precise. With most other templates available you can tell that the template-er doesn't have design or install experience as they aren't registered properly, the coverage sucks and the shapes are all squirrely or not the right size.

Premium Grade - Powersports Vector Template - Sleds, ATV, MX, SxS

01NIK01

Hello everyone. Starting to engage in the production of graphics almost a year ago, we also faced the question of where to get the templates. Starting to buy them on different sites like https://www.motosportstemplates.com and https://mx-templates.com, we thought that we had solved the issue, but the quality of these templates didn't allow us to compete with larger companies and then we decided to make templates yourself and fix what we purchased earlier. But it took a lot of effort and we didn't stop looking for sites with better templates. We recently stumbled on https://mototemplates.com on Instagram and have purchased only one template from them (Honda CRF250R & CRF450R 2017-2020) and we are satisfied with the quality, they only have a small assortment and we will continue to search. Maybe someone can tell where else we can find high-quality templates and have anyone tried to negotiate a purchase with more large companies directly?