• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mounting onto foam board

Tony Rome

Curious when mounting a 24x36 graphic to a foam board do you go all the way to the edge, if you do, do you print exactly 24x36 or a little bigger and then trim?
Or, so you print a little smaller and leave a border?
I know any of these ways work, and may be based on customer, but what is your preference?
I like printing a little bigger and trimming but on foam board or coloroplast the trimming is not as easy.
On PVC it sue is.
Opinions?
Thanks!

rjssigns

Just finished some 22" x 35" panels. I add a 0.125" bleed, print, apply, trim.

We mount prints to 3mm foam-pvc. No dents from your thumbs or handling. Corners stay nice and sharp too.:cool:

Ssmedia7

Alternative

When we use to mount on 24x36 we did an overprint of .5 on each side. Since then, we started only buying 8x4 sheets of foamcore/board. Now we just print, lay it on the board and then cut it out. It's faster, easier, cheaper than buying 24x36 boards and customers are not limited to 24x36.