• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Moving my new (used cvj-150)

stuart m

i bought my first eco solvent printer cutter but im scared to unplug it and move it. The guy assures me that it will be fine. But in the manual is says only to be moved by "mimaki technician"

i assume the head has to be locked somehow , is there really that much to it?

i will be loading it into a mercedes sprinter so it will be covered and its only going about 20 min away, so it shouldn't be unplugged for more than an hour or two.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
It will be fine. Check your accessories for a yellow piece of metal. That is the official head lock and it screws into the Y Bar next to the head so it holds it on the capping station. If you don't have that, tape a piece of foam down to the platen and butt it up against the head carriage. That will be enough to keep it from unlocking during transport. Other than that I usually put a couple 2x4s under the stand so that the casters are up off the floor. They break easily.