• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Moving Truck Decals

Fmeroney

Hey all,
So I met with a client, he has a small fleet of 26' box trucks. He wants to do his Moving Co. Decals on the 4 sides, I gave him a ballpark based on sqft, approx 350 give or take... he came back and said he can get them done for $850 each using HP cut vinyl... does this sound typical for any of you? Even for intermediate vinyl I would charge 1200-1400.

What are you guys getting?

Thanks,
Frank

jfiscus

Rap Master
I would bet that whoever is quoting that low is lying saying that it is high performance vinyl when in actuality it is JUNK vinyl. I have done a LOT of moving truck removals/replacements/rebrands and never once have I seen quality vinyl used by anyone else.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
WOW....you guys are cheap. If it's 350 s.f. of vinyl we'd be at LEAST $1750 per truck.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
If all he was putting on was ABC Moving Company, maybe, but that wouldn't cover 350 sq ft. I'd call his bluff and say, can't touch it, but I'm sure we're not talking about doing nearly the same thing to your trucks. See if he stops you from walking away. If he does, then he knows it's not the same, too. He's playing with something..... :rolleyes: Be careful and don't make a commitment, until you know for sure.

2B

we have a pricing program, and we when and only when the following have been met will we consider to alter the quoted and then it is up to us how it is altered.

• A copy of the competing company’s official quote;
    • Detailing the items, services, products, materials, etc. to be used.
  • A date stamp that is within 30 days of contacting us for evaluation.

9 out of 10 times they are blowing smoke and just want a lower price.

if it is 350 SQFT of material I'm calling BS on their quoted 850 price.

visual800

When Im faced with this scenario I respond with "Really? Oh wow, well can you send their quote to me or show it to me and lets make sure we are talking about the same thing"..........9 times out of 10 the conversation will end there.

People will lie, my opinion walk away. let it go, forget about him and his cheap,price

Fmeroney

I agree guys, I got the feeling he was BSing me. I asked for the other quote(s) he said he didn't want to share, RED FLAG. I will send him my quote and that is that.

Thanks for the feedback all!

jfiscus

Rap Master
When you hear these unbelievably low quotes from supposed other sign shops I always ask for their number and tell them that I need it so that we can fire everyone here and outsource all of our production to those guys from now on. I've never got their number yet!

bannertime

I agree guys, I got the feeling he was BSing me. I asked for the other quote(s) he said he didn't want to share, RED FLAG. I will send him my quote and that is that.

Thanks for the feedback all!

Tell him he can get a lower price if he installs himself. I've gotten a few orders that way. They try to install out in my parking lot, then they come back inside and pay us to install it.

2B

Tell him he can get a lower price if he installs himself. I've gotten a few orders that way. They try to install out in my parking lot, then they come back inside and pay us to install it.

we don't let them install onsite but yes have used this more than once and then see the graphics applied :covereyes:

Billct2

I reading it as he's guessing it's about 350 s/f
It could be 100 s/f.
Three lines of 12" letters on two sides
and proportional on the back with the name above the cab would be about that,
and I have done just that on some box trucks.