• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Multiple colors of cut vinyl in a logo - assemble on table, or on site

JBurton

Signtologist
A pounce wheel, also known as a tracing wheel...
Yeah, that's the garbage way to do it. If you think about the fibers that make up paper, punching a hole will result in a very small hole. Electropouncing is where it's at! Plus you get to zap your inattentive coworker who leaned on the metal easel.
I personally do not like pounce patterns with vinyl because of the powder left behind and cleaning up afterwards.
Agreed. I've used it for painted walls or channel letter installs, but never for vinyl.

Signarama Jockey

You never heard of a pounce pattern? How old are you not to know that. Ya learn something every day.
I personally do not like pounce patterns with vinyl because of the powder left behind and cleaning up afterwards.
I use clear transfer and eyeball it in place, even with boat lettering with outlines.Its not rocket science.
lol, no, never heard of them. It sounds like a smart solution and I've seen those spike wheels before - I just always thought they were some kink thing.

But, I didn't get into the print field until the late 90's. We never had to use a pounce pattern, or work by candlelight, or knap out stone tools :p.