• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh 1204 e074err cr2

BAD NOVA

Looking for some help with this error, some times, as soon as printhead leaves on startup, other times it will get initialized, then when print head goes to leave or come back it will error out.
Thank you Brian

Ssignature

Looking for some help with this error, some times, as soon as printhead leaves on startup, other times it will get initialized, then when print head goes to leave or come back it will error out.
Thank you Brian
Usually, the problem is related to the T-fence (encoder strip). 1204s are particularly sensitive to t-fence dirt or splattering. But if it’s happening in random locations on the platen it could actually be a bad CR motor. Depending on how often it happens, an endurance test of the motor might show issues.

Nimble

Have you changed the maintenance station recently? I had the same issue on my 1204 and almost gave up and parted it out a few months ago after troubleshooting the encoder strip and cr motor even almost bought both until I remembered it wasn't doing it before I replaced the printhead and maintenance station. I can't remember which forum I read it in but after the issue started I searched for the error and found a post where someone mentioned a 3rd party maintenance station gave them a 74 err which is why I started focusing on that in mine. I used a 3rd party maintenance station and the capping station likely has too much play and slides up the station slightly sideways causing some resistance which is triggering the error when the carriage slides back. How I get it to resolve is I press it up against the back of the printer and slid it up the station and let it come back slowly and that solved my 74crr error. It rarely happens now but when it does I do the same thing and it is good to go again. I also removed the carriage lock before that and was still getting the error. I left it off and only thing for mine that causes the error is the capping station.

Last edited:

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Check the catch that locks the head into the maintenance station. It only has to be bent a little off 90 degrees to cause the error. I got this on my 1304 more than a few times, straightening it out made it go away.