• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh 1204 valuejet troubleshooting issues...need help!

zevlove

Greetings Signs101!

My name is Tony and Im from Las Vegas and a friend of mine owns a bodyshop. He owns a Mutoh 1204 Valuejet he wants me to get running and printing again...only problem is that he hasn't printed a single decal sticker since December of last year!!

Ive browsed around these threads and understand that these printers cant be left sitting without it printer for extended periods of time because of the printhead clogging up or other parts as well. (damper cables, capping station, wiper, or even the maintenance station as a whole.)

Im hoping its not the whole print head and something minor.

I put brand new endura ink cartridges and charged the ink, ran some cleanings, tried to clean up everything the best I could and tried soaking the printhead in solvent overnight on the capping station, but to no avail...

My guess is that some of the hoses might be clogged? Because I don't see any ink running through the damper cables, nor do I see any ink going to the waste tray.

I also purchased some cleaning cartridges. But when I inserted them into the slots a C/R err came up on the systems screen..

Ive hit a dead end and before I decide of replacing a bunch of parts in the unit with new ones, I figured to ask you guys!

:help

I attached some pictures to give you guys idea of what I'm working with.

Any suggestions help!

-Tony

Attachments

• IMG_5999.jpg
    IMG_5999.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 565
  • IMG_5998.jpg
    IMG_5998.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 391
  • IMG_5995.jpg
    IMG_5995.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 487
  • IMG_5997.jpg
    IMG_5997.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 352

RG

The maintenance station (MS) is your biggest problem. If no ink is pumped through the MS during a cleaning, then you are dead in the water. Move the carriage to the left and remove the 2 screws that hold the cap top assembly in place. Use small fingers or a long pair of tweezers and remove the 2 black tubes that are under the cap top from the tubes that go into the top of the pump. Pinch off one of the pump tubes and use a syringe filled with cleaning fluid and try to push the fluid through the open pump tube. It probably won't go since it has been setting up for 7 months or more. You can try to use an empty syringe on the bottom (exit) pump tube and apply suction at the same time that you are pushing fluid in the top pump tube. If this fails, then you can try to push fluid from the bottom and suction it from the top. If successful, then do the same procedure to the other pump tube. These 2 tubes MUST be open for the MS to work. If successful, replace the 2 black tubes on the bottom of the cap top OR push fluid through them and make sure they are open. The 3rd tube under the cap top is for air only. Make sure that it is not clogged. Use cleaning fluid and clean the wiper. If you want to save time and trouble, then buy a new maintenance station. You can get one on eBay for $200 and have it in a week. Good luck.

zevlove

The maintenance station (MS) is your biggest problem. If no ink is pumped through the MS during a cleaning, then you are dead in the water. Move the carriage to the left and remove the 2 screws that hold the cap top assembly in place. Use small fingers or a long pair of tweezers and remove the 2 black tubes that are under the cap top from the tubes that go into the top of the pump. Pinch off one of the pump tubes and use a syringe filled with cleaning fluid and try to push the fluid through the open pump tube. It probably won't go since it has been setting up for 7 months or more. You can try to use an empty syringe on the bottom (exit) pump tube and apply suction at the same time that you are pushing fluid in the top pump tube. If this fails, then you can try to push fluid from the bottom and suction it from the top. If successful, then do the same procedure to the other pump tube. These 2 tubes MUST be open for the MS to work. If successful, replace the 2 black tubes on the bottom of the cap top OR push fluid through them and make sure they are open. The 3rd tube under the cap top is for air only. Make sure that it is not clogged. Use cleaning fluid and clean the wiper. If you want to save time and trouble, then buy a new maintenance station. You can get one on eBay for $200 and have it in a week. Good luck.

I will go ahead and try to run fluid through these hoses over the weekday and let you know how it goes.

Thanks!

premiercolour

Merchant Member
I would change out the dampers and the cap top on the maintenance station right away. Initiate strong cleans for five times with cleaning solution. Then soak the head overnight with clamping the hoses so the actual cleaning solution stays on top of the cap top. If that does not work, I would change out the entire MS. If that does not work, buy a new print head for $2,800. Or buy a new 1624X for $14,000, limited time only. ** Perform jobs at your own risk.

Dampers for 1204
http://www.premiercolour.com/generic-damper-for-roland-mutoh-mimaki/

Cleaning solution for eco solvent
http://www.premiercolour.com/bordeaux-cleaning-solution-for-mutoh-roland-and-mimaki/

Cap Top (the part that is on top of the maintenance station, Aftermarket but works fine)
http://www.premiercolour.com/cap-top-for-mutoh-valuejet-mimaki-cjv30-jv33-and-jv5/

Maintenance Station (OEM)
http://www.premiercolour.com/maintenance-assembly-mutoh-valuejet-vj1204/

Premier Colour Inc
949 209 7306

zevlove

Ok.

I cleaned out the pump tubes as best I could. Ran a few strong cleanings. Ran a nozzle check, and still nothing. I should also mention during the cleaning cycle I did hear a "suction" noise, as if it was trying to pull ink through the pump? My guess is that the pump assembly is completely dried up. Rather than disassembling the pump and trying to clean inside of it would buying and replacing the MS be a better option? I tried to clean around the MS best I could but the dried ink is really on there.

:banghead:

Again, any advice or suggestions would greatly be appreciated!